• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Rick acknowledging that he's primarily targetting the SF/enthusiast group for the time being, it's left me wondering if we may see a pair or two of double pleated trousers? Don't own a single pair, but something like the stone coverts with double pleats would make a great first pair.

Without reading you previous post, I started panicking thinking you were comparing the two pairs on the right as both being light gray but from different suppliers. Thought I'd be so disappointed in the BG because the one on the left is exactly what I want. Crisis averted. Just waiting for them to be hemmed and shipped! Thanks for the pics!

I believe the pants to the gray DB suit in the Preview section are double pleats

I don’t care for double, but I’d be down for single forward pleats. Don’t see those near often enough.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long sleeve polos are up, however only button down collars again. Was hoping for spread collars to make a comeback as idk about you folks, but the collars are way too big on the smaller sizes and it doesn't seem to scale with size as it should.
Yeh, was hoping for a spread collar on these, too. SM would really have been cooking with oil had they put a nice spread or cutaway on these LS polos.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the pants to the gray DB suit in the Preview section are double pleats

I don’t care for double, but I’d be down for single reverse pleats. Don’t see those near often enough.
Edit: Mostly all S&M uses for high rise trousers is single reverse pleat.

As I understand it, reverse pleat opens toward the hips, forward pleat opens toward the crotch.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Mostly all S&M uses for high rise trousers is single reverse pleat.

As I understand it, reverse pleat opens toward the hips, forward pleat opens toward the crotch.
Don’t mind me- it’s been a long day and I’m two martinis in.

I meant forward pleats. I want single forward pleats.

JayDee90

Reaction score
I just so happened to be wearing that jacket today, and the fabric code matches! So I assumed yes, and placed my order.
Does anyone have experience with lambswool for trousers? These are beefy (by today's standards) in weight no doubt but still..any concerns?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with lambswool for trousers? These are beefy (by today's standards) in weight no doubt but still..any concerns?
Not For Trousers, First Thought Is Scratchy, Hot And Heavy, But I Have The Jacket, Its Soft, Light Weight And My Wife Just Ordered The Trousers For Me, I'm In Southern Cal, About (2) Months Of Wear! :fistbump:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double check then. The jacket I have (with the matching code, does not say Shetland, has sewn patch that denotes “merino lambs wool”

edit: Don notes that his was a Shetland, is why I make this point,

20211014_180253.jpg

20211014_181540.jpg

@DonRaphael , Also Has The Milanese Buttonhole As Well (Custom) I'm Sure!

Thanks, For That Fast Response, She Just Brought The Trousers For Me... :fistbump:

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are These The Same Color, S$M, You're Pulling Me Back Down This Rabbit Hole!

1634262071660.png

And, When Will This Green Jacket Be Re-Stocked?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Team (double) forward pleats. It's why I haven't bought any OTR trousers from Spier in a couple years and begrudgingly passed on the Dugdale cav twills.

dench127

Reaction score
Hmm I think forward pleats look a little weird when they're single and reverse pleats look a little weird when they're double.

I like forward double pleats with suits and flannel and single reverse for odd trousers. But who cares what I think :p

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was cruising through SM’s MTO section, and saw an option for a notched lapel double-breasted suit jacket. Is there demand for such a thing?

Last edited:

sentry

Reaction score
do I need to add length to a hemmed inseam if it's a high rise pant? I've never ordered high rise before lol

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatricecKenney