• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idk would a belt look to much like a costume though? I believe you made post about this a bit back, what are your overall thoughts on a belt?

I try to avoid the belt if possible but it's better than the strings. If I were to add a belt to that particular jacket I'd experiment with a narrower width one instead of the usual 3.5cm like perhaps a 2.5. I would take the extra fabric from hemming the sleeves to make belt loops then use a thin fabric double ring belt.

jch1

Reaction score
I predict that wax jacket will be an all - time great piece from the brand. I won't wear it how they've styled it, rather I'd wear it with a sweater, but man... It looks great.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, the Wax Jackets are up on the Preview List. That Navy looks terrific! Needs Fit/Sizing info, but my goodness, another choice piece of Outerwear! Lets see, the Trench, the Navy Melton Peacoat, the Ulster Coat and now the Wax Jacket... good grief

I truly welcome the new selections even if I can't wear them. More budget options the better for everyone.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I predict that wax jacket will be an all - time great piece from the brand. I won't wear it how they've styled it, rather I'd wear it with a sweater, but man... It looks great.

Not everyone likes the scratched up look of waxed fabric. In this case I actually prefer a Storm System nylon instead.

dangaa

Reaction score
PSA: 5 pocket cords are up.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.13.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.14.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 8.14.33 PM.png

mlcgloves

Reaction score
Look for some advice on dress shirt sizing. I have typically worn a 15.5 slim but decided to see if another size might work better. First photo 15.5 extra slim, than 15.5 slim, and 16 extra slim. I definitely think the 15.5 extra slim is too tonight.
On another note, these are the high rise corduroy in beige. Really like the fabric, but the pictures on the website were more off white/cream colored, which is what I was hoping for. Think I'm going to return them or maybe exchange for a different color

Attachments

• 15.5 extra slim.jpeg
    15.5 extra slim.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 15.5 slim.jpeg
    15.5 slim.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 16 slim.jpeg
    16 slim.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, the Wax Jackets are up on the Preview List. That Navy looks terrific! Needs Fit/Sizing info, but my goodness, another choice piece of Outerwear! Lets see, the Trench, the Navy Melton Peacoat, the Ulster Coat and now the Wax Jacket... good grief

if I didn’t already have a Barbour I’d be looking heavily at these- they look great but I only need one wax jacket.

more money for the trench when it finally shows up. Any word on an ETA for that @spiermackay?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look for some advice on dress shirt sizing. I have typically worn a 15.5 slim but decided to see if another size might work better. First photo 15.5 extra slim, than 16 extra slim, and 15.5 slim. I definitely think the 15.5 extra slim is too tonight.
On another note, these are the high rise corduroy in beige. Really like the fabric, but the pictures on the website were more off white/cream colored, which is what I was hoping for. Think I'm going to return them or maybe exchange for a different color

Which collar fits you best?

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look for some advice on dress shirt sizing. I have typically worn a 15.5 slim but decided to see if another size might work better. First photo 15.5 extra slim, than 16 extra slim, and 15.5 slim. I definitely think the 15.5 extra slim is too tonight.
Are you entirely sure you got the correct picture for the one on the right (or middle, I suppose). I have a hard time telling those two images apart, except for what looks like a very slightly different angle. They seem to have all the same lines!

mlcgloves

Reaction score
Are you entirely sure you got the correct picture for the one on the right (or middle, I suppose). I have a hard time telling those two images apart, except for what looks like a very slightly different angle. They seem to have all the same lines!
Ok so I did mess them up. Turns out I ordered a 16 slim and not 16 extra slim and I uploaded 2 of the 15.5 slim. Edited my original post so the photos are now accurate.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suckhoechomoinha