• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NikG

Reaction score
They look great on you!

How do you like them and are they a versatile piece? They are definitely more green in your picture than website shows as suspected, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you have any more pit pics with them that’d be super helpful!

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look great on you!

How do you like them and are they a versatile piece? They are definitely more green in your picture than website shows as suspected, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you have any more pit pics with them that’d be super helpful!
Many thanks. I think they can have some versatility, so long as you're not self-conscious about wearing them. As you can see from the picture, they're an attention-grabbing pair of trews, so toning them down helps.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look great on you!

I Would Say The Website Photo Is Spot On In Color, They Are Sweet, The Cream Is Also Sweet! Hope They Bring Them (Cream) Back!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of pics of my SS wardrobe in favour of brown-ish SCs. Mostly S&M except maybe one or two pieces. One additional herringbone patterned SC missing from the pics that's currently with my tailor. Other than that, I think I'm pretty set in the brown-ish department unless Rick pulls a rabbit out of his hat next SS season (which I'm sure he'll do). View attachment 1652021 View attachment 1652022 View attachment 1652023

Add more space by using narrower hangers so you can buy more jackets. Throw out those huge shoulders coat hangers like the one of the right on both pics. If that doesn't work you can convert another room for a 2nd wardrobe.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add more space by using narrower hangers so you can buy more jackets. Throw out those huge shoulders coat hangers like the one of the right on both pics. If that doesn't work you can convert another room for a 2nd wardrobe.
Both excellent suggestions. Thanks for your clear insights ?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of captoe oxfords and I noticed creasing here on the top, close to the laces. Is this normal? I know creasing by the toe area is completely fine, but how about this? Should I exchange it? View attachment 1655130 View attachment 1655140

its what you sometimes get at this price point. Want perfect leather guaranteed, you'll need to spend quite a bit more. I have this on a pair of sutor, it’s fine.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of captoe oxfords and I noticed creasing here on the top, close to the laces. Is this normal? I know creasing by the toe area is completely fine, but how about this? Should I exchange it? View attachment 1655130 View attachment 1655140
You can exchange them, if it bothers you and if, of course you can return them. But to be honest, that's quite common on pairs at this price range. It's just that the shoemaker used certain part of the hide creases more. I would not worry about it and keep them.

wildcat10

Reaction score
I was thinking about this exact same point a couple of weeks back when re-arranging my closet. Isn't S&M shooting itself in the foot by including such wide hangers with our sportcoats? don't they want me to fit more clothes in my closet? :p

wildcat10

Reaction score
These are the tobacco. I will be going back for the mocha and maybe the others if they run another 25% off. I tried a Williamsburg from AE yesterday and prefer the three eyelet
Thank you. I have the volpe chukka and was thinking about adding the tobacco or mocha during the next sale. After your picture I'm almost definitely going with the tobacco.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this exact same point a couple of weeks back when re-arranging my closet. Isn't S&M shooting itself in the foot by including such wide hangers with our sportcoats? don't they want me to fit more clothes in my closet? :p
LOL
I’ve been buying cedar hangers with narrower shoulders and tossing the S&M wide shoulder hangers! All to save a little room in the closet?
Good to see I’m not alone in my obsession

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member