• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wildcat10

Reaction score
Agreed. In my closet I probably would get more wears of of this than the brown houndtooth I went ahead and purchased. I may have to grab this ONLY if my size is still available at the end of the sale. The wallet is hurting over here.
yeah, this one looks way more versatile than the brown houndstooth ... although I am very tempted to order the brown houndstooth, since this one is not available in my size

alkydrinker

Reaction score
I wish these less shiny cords replaced the Moss ones. Shiny cords just seem like an oxymoron in a wardrobe.

Agree. Semi-recently, I bought a dark green corduroy jacket new from Polo Ralph Lauren, loved the fit, and then only after seeing it in some different lighting I realized how shiny it is. I’m guessing it is Moss fabric - it really looks like it.

But yeah, I was going for the dusty, 1960s college professor vibe, but instead have heavy velvet smoking jacket vibes (which I don’t 100% hate, but I far less opportunity to wear it). I can’t see wearing the shiny corduroy in the day time.

Finegarments

Reaction score
I am new to SPIER & MACKAY... So glad I found this company after listening to Vladimir Riche’ on YouTube. I have been faithful to Charles Tyrwhitt for over a decade and now I decided to begin trying some of S&M shirts. I wore my 1st one today and wow, great fit and great quality especially for the price. I purchased 3 white shirts and because of the Box25 discount I made two more purchases. I have 2 blue check shirts that just arrived with 3 more on the way. I really like these shirts but don’t get me wrong Charles Tyrwhitt makes great shirts too but over all these are more to my liking. All my suits and trousers are CT. Needless to say I am now registered to SPIER & MACKAY and I plan to get more great items from them... Never thought I would be disloyal to Charles Tyrwhitt, but these shirts though...

I thought I would do my part and share my 20% off referral code: ET6P6W

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. I was considering this suit for so long. I was thinking of sizing up one from like contemporary to the next size up slim due to the more stiff fabric. Any thoughts?

yeah, sizing up could likely work well.

I wish these less shiny cords replaced the Moss ones. Shiny cords just seem like an oxymoron in a wardrobe.

How thick and warm are the pants compared to the Moss?

They aren’t like the Moss thick cords, it’s more or less like a flannel thickness. Only worn inside once so can’t speak on the warmth much yet.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are the creasses in the high rise cordoroys (brisbane moss ) permanent?

to ask it more bluntly, are any of the trousers from S&M come with permanent creases?

i think i got a lemon because on one of my cordoroy trousers the crease on right leg is off center by an inch compared to the left pant leg... so will need to recrease.

is 100% cotton east to remove crease and re-crease?

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am new to SPIER & MACKAY... So glad I found this company after listening to Vladimir Riche’ on YouTube. I have been faithful to Charles Tyrwhitt for over a decade and now I decided to begin trying some of S&M shirts. I wore my 1st one today and wow, great fit and great quality especially for the price. I purchased 3 white shirts and because of the Box25 discount I made two more purchases. I have 2 blue check shirts that just arrived with 3 more on the way. I really like these shirts but don’t get me wrong Charles Tyrwhitt makes great shirts too but over all these are more to my liking. All my suits and trousers are CT. Needless to say I am now registered to SPIER & MACKAY and I plan to get more great items from them... Never thought I would be disloyal to Charles Tyrwhitt, but these shirts though...

I thought I would do my part and share my 20% off referral code: ET6P6W

You're Hooked, Good Luck On Your Journey... :crackup:

ptfly

Reaction score
are the creasses in the high rise cordoroys (brisbane moss ) permanent?

to ask it more bluntly, are any of the trousers from S&M come with permanent creases?

i think i got a lemon because on one of my cordoroy trousers the crease on right leg is off center by an inch compared to the left pant leg... so will need to recrease.

is 100% cotton east to remove crease and re-crease?
I press cord trousers inside out so not to crush the pile.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be looking at Clearance jackets, but instead this double breasted jacket in VBC serge wool has my eye. This must have been a stealth drop. I didn't see it until just now. Anyway I don't need another navy jacket, but I have been looking for a DB appropriate for winter wear.
View attachment 1532351
Anybody have it or seen it IRL? It is described as triple patch, but the photo clearly shows a curved breast pocket.
Also wondering whether it is appropriate for winter wear? Its listed at 330 gsm, but that may not mean much if it is a very open weave. Comments?
That one looks amazing. Something I was waiting for S&M to release but don't know if it's for F/W... although kinda late for that, right?

wildcat10

Reaction score
That one looks amazing. Something I was waiting for S&M to release but don't know if it's for F/W... although kinda late for that, right?
Definitely looks like a late release, but 330 gsm is medium-heavy, so definitely not a spring/summer focused blazer, more year-round.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely looks like a late release, but 330 gsm is medium-heavy, so definitely not a spring/summer focused blazer, more year-round.
Indeed! Would be a nice addition. Would love to see if with the DB soft shoulder cut, the buttoning point is lower than the regular DB cut. If it is... this would be awesome!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suckhoechomoinha