• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In Toronto yesterday wearing my linen cotton blend shirt. Happy Canada Day. Didn't get a chance to stop by the store. I went to the CN tower and Aquarium. I imagine it was pretty close. I wore the pink linen the day before.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ nice Canadian flag lapel pin!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good Morning Gentlemen.

The new hopsack blazer is up online.

http://www.spierandmackay.com/search.php?srchtext=hopsack

100% Australian Merino Wool. Super 110's
1/4 Butterfly lined in Bemberg.
2 Button Front
3.5" Notch Lapels
No Shoulder Padding
Patch Pockets
Barchetta Chest Pocket
Double Vented
Genuine Bull Horn Buttons

A really great piece and an excellent price. $358 CAD or Approx. $280 USD at current exchange.

Siepi

Reaction score
@spiermackay, looks great! Is the jacket half-canvassed? I'm assuming so, given that your others are, but wanted to ask to be sure.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hopsack looks good. Is the fabric different than the hopsack from a year or so ago? I have that one and it piled so miserably that it's not wearable anymore. It was a big disappointment but hopefully this one is an improvement...

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay , looks great! Is the jacket half-canvassed? I'm assuming so, given that your others are, but wanted to ask to be sure.

Yes. It's half-canvas.

The hopsack looks good. Is the fabric different than the hopsack from a year or so ago? I have that one and it piled so miserably that it's not wearable anymore. It was a big disappointment but hopefully this one is an improvement...

Yes. This is 100% Australian Merino Wool. A standard hopsack with a really great feel and drape. The one from last year was a linen blend, the linen was very nappy in that cloth.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Good Morning Gentlemen.

2 Button Front
3.5" Notch Lapels
No Shoulder Padding
Patch Pockets
Barchetta Chest Pocket
Double Vented

A really great piece and an excellent price. $358 CAD or Approx. $280 USD at current exchange.

Available in MTM? And can you quote a price for MTM SCs or blazers? You've PMed me the price for a full suit recently.

lunix

Reaction score

Otte

Reaction score
Good Morning Gentlemen.

2 Button Front
3.5" Notch Lapels
No Shoulder Padding
Patch Pockets
Barchetta Chest Pocket
Double Vented

On the topic of sportscoat, is there an alteration option to take in/raise the armhole? I believe it's a matter of "will you" rather than a "can you" as I think there are some risks involved in altering this?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On the topic of sportscoat, is there an alteration option to take in/raise the armhole? I believe it's a matter of "will you" rather than a "can you" as I think there are some risks involved in altering this?

We can, but it would only be in person at the shop. Even then, to raise it it can only be done marginally.

Otte

Reaction score
We can, but it would only be in person at the shop. Even then, to raise it it can only be done marginally.
How marginal are we talking about? This process would also lead a slimmer bicep area, correct? I have one of those unusually smaller-than-average arms.

How much in costs can we expect for this area alone? Wondering if it's worth it for a.. marginal upgrade.

Spex

Reaction score
Are the armholes low on these jackets? Having tried on some S&M suits I don't remember such an issue. Armhole surgery sounds like a no-go for most RTW jackets from all of the posts I've read on the subject.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads