• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a similar note I'm a 42 long in the Fitzp. I usually take a bit of waist suppression. Would you go contemporary or slim fit on the S & M suit.? Thanks dont mean to hijack

The biggest deciding factor in my case was the jacket length. Check the measurements out and see if they work for you. IIRC, the slim was 1/2" shorter than the already short contemporary.

Smitty2k1

Reaction score
I'm in TO over the upcoming weekend and in need of a suit! Do you do seprates in store? I'm a size 40 in many jackets but usually more of a 36 in trousers to accommodate my 27" thighs!

I should mention I'm talking about this fancy new downtown store of yours... is it open 7 days a week now?

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay , can you comment at all on the first 5 fabrics (106957-106961) you have pictured here from the Fresco II book? I don't know I've ever seen a 70% mohair / 30% wool blend before, although NMWA is carrying a blazer in a similar cloth right now. Do the swatches seem stiff and shiny?

Quote:

They have the same feel as the regular fresco. They are not particularly shiny.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm in TO over the upcoming weekend and in need of a suit! Do you do seprates in store? I'm a size 40 in many jackets but usually more of a 36 in trousers to accommodate my 27" thighs!

I should mention I'm talking about this fancy new downtown store of yours... is it open 7 days a week now?

Yes, we can do trouser swaps. As long as the trouser is available.

Shop is open 7 days a week Downtown.

wheresbrando

Reaction score
Could you guys perhaps give me some pointers on how to select a madras shirt color combination? I've always wanted to pick one or two up but have a hard time imagining how the short would look.

The majority of my nicer collared shirts/dress shirts are blue hues with one or two white pieces. I enjoy wearing shades of navy, turquoise, grey and purples. Deep navy and marine blue dress pants, navy and army green chinos. On my list to pick up are standard and very light chinos for summer.

Obviously I'm leaning towards a madras shirt that features blue like the orange/teal or red/green. The navy/white sounds like it would work but the shirt looks more orange/red/grey from the pics.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you guys perhaps give me some pointers on how to select a madras shirt color combination? I've always wanted to pick one or two up but have a hard time imagining how the short would look.

The majority of my nicer collared shirts/dress shirts are blue hues with one or two white pieces. I enjoy wearing shades of navy, turquoise, grey and purples. Deep navy and marine blue dress pants, navy and army green chinos. On my list to pick up are standard and very light chinos for summer.

Obviously I'm leaning towards a madras shirt that features blue like the orange/teal or red/green. The navy/white sounds like it would work but the shirt looks more orange/red/grey from the pics.

Any help would be really appreciated.

I have the red/green as it was offered last year, I like to wear it with my Epaulet desert colored chinos or grey chinos but also wear it with navy and stone chinos or shorts. I also like wearing pretty much all my madras with jeans.

wheresbrando

Reaction score

I have the red/green as it was offered last year, I like to wear it with my Epaulet desert colored chinos or grey chinos but also wear it with navy and stone chinos or shorts. I also like wearing pretty much all my madras with jeans.
What is the color of the last one you posted? I think that would work as well. Also- nice loafers in the last pic. Thanks for your reply.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey all - how do the polos fit? do they work well for tucking in and wearing at the office during the summer?

thanks.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey all - how do the polos fit? do they work well for tucking in and wearing at the office during the summer?

thanks.

That's exactly how I am wearing mine today, with some J Crew chambray trousers. They fit great, enough length for tucking without them pulling out during the day. Forgive the blurry pic, just snapped it quick this morning and didn't notice it was out of focus a bit until I went to post it.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's exactly how I am wearing mine today, with some J Crew chambray trousers. They fit great, enough length for tucking without them pulling out during the day. Forgive the blurry pic, just snapped it quick this morning and didn't notice it was out of focus a bit until I went to post it.
Looks good. What size?

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the light gray dress trousers? Are they a true light gray or more of a mid gray as they appear in the site? Thanks.

kevin319

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently bought 2 suits from SM and love the fit. Unfortunately, one of the suits have a white mark, almost a gummy/gooey texture. Not sure what it is but it won't come off. Is this something a dry cleaner can fix?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi All,

Recently bought 2 suits from SM and love the fit. Unfortunately, one of the suits have a white mark, almost a gummy/gooey texture. Not sure what it is but it won't come off. Is this something a dry cleaner can fix?

Send it back for an exchange. I would like to see what that is. First glance looks like basting stitches poking through. But those wouldn't beas you describe.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
financephantom