• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spending rule?

APHK

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man

I know the suits you are talking about. 100% polyester for the most part. =o\ Although I will say this, M&S sometimes has decent jackets for cheap.

No, I don't think you do. Maybe in your part of the world, but here USD500 is good for 100% wool.

Last edited:

newyorknoir

Reaction score
I think Will of ASW had a quote from George Hamilton a while ago (can't find it now), that went something like "When I see a man wearing cheap shoes and an expensive watch, I know I've got him nailed." That's really something worth considering.

meh... that's a sh*tty quote.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's ok. Anyone who chooses bling over shoes has a certain mindset.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for me

Suit
suit has to be more than 3k$usd ( i current has 2 suits one is 3K USD and another is 1.5k USD ) difference in quality is too great so the next time if i ever buying a suit i definitely wont buy suits cost less than 3k USD

Belt
my most expensive belt is a hermes belt for 800$usd (which is the cheapest hermes belt) but i have not paid more than 400usd for a belt since and probably not anymore in future (except maybe on alligator or croc leather belt, but as of now they are way too costly to me as the cheapest i ve seen in my place cost 1k USD )

Shoes
my most expensive shoe is a louis vuitton caracao in patent leather ,which costed me 1.3k USD .However i usually buy shoes cost around 700-900USD but on the exception of the LV one because it was blingy .. patent leather with LV logo everywhere.. and metal on the sole

Dress Shirt
my most expensive shirt costed me 800USD from giorgio armani it was so shiny n blingy because it was made of silk...previous i spend around for a shirt 500$usd , but economy has been bad so i spend roughly around 400$usd (but i rarely buy new shirts now)

Polo T-Shirt
my most expensive polo t-shirt is from gucci (with the gucci monogram) costed me 350$usd but yea i ve been cutting down my expenses so much i only spend around 200$usd on polo t nowadays.. but i am itching to buy new gucci polo-t but the price are abit steep starting at 350$usd ...

T-shirt
iwont pay more than 200$usd for a basic tshirts

Watch
i set my limit 5k usd for a watch... but i cant afford one yet so in the future i will save money to get a decent 5k usd watch

* btw yea notice how the pricing is slighly higher than most countries.. our countries has very high boutique markup

lol .....this guy needs to go to grammar school first .
:lol:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can you have 850 posts and have not come across HermesMan? The guy is a legend/**** depending on your world view.

Balfour

Reaction score
No disrespect to the OP, but threads like this are silly:

There's no 'ready reckoner' price chart to work out what bits of clothing and accessories work well with each other. One needs to invest the time to learn what is good and tasteful and coherent.

True it is that you get what you pay for, but this is a single-edged sword (if that's the right metaphor): i.e. you could spend $10,000 on brands and still look like cr@p (a la HermesMan).

Big Texas

Reaction score

How can you have 850 posts and have not come across HermesMan? The guy is a legend/**** depending on your world view.

Seriously. How dare people impugn the wisdom of HermesMan? I'm but a humble sock, but I remember him fondly.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads