• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[SOON , A TITLE HERE ]

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asobu posted about Issey Miyake/Irving Penn in RFT so here's a couple more pics I just stumbled upon. Does anyone have the book ?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Asobu posted about Issey Miyake/Irving Penn in RFT so here's a couple more pics I just stumbled upon. Does anyone have the book ?

jW2wV.jpg

Yeah, I've got it...it's actually sort of a letdown.​

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can it be a letdown if it features the pics posted above ? :butbut:

pppp, you some kind of journalist ? (edit: nvm, I got my answer)

:slayer:

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Russian ark was fantastic. Every place they walked through was beautiful, the guy talking to the character/camera was pretty entertaining, and the thought alone of what it must have been to coordinate everything to make it in one shot, all of that made the idea of the movie being slow just fade away as if it never existed.
Re remakes, though I´ve yet to watch "Infernal affairs", and therefore couldn´t compare it with the remake, I enjoyed the departed. The cast was great, all of them, Damon, Di caprio, Nicholson, Baldwin, Whalberg, heck, even Anthony Anderson hehe "Let the right one in" left me fascinated. Such great pace and a sort of stillnes in some of the shots outside the building complex where they live. The acting was superb by both kids. I wouldn´t watch the remake. The title alone bothers me. "Let the right one in" implies a lot, while the new "Let me in" sounds kinda dumb.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
*withdrawn*

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In 1965, Japanese photographer Eikoh Hosoe and his buddy Tatsumi Hijikata (one of the founder of Butoh dance) visited a small farming village in Northern Japan.

Hijikata was dissatisfied with the state of Japanese modern dance and wanted to find a new form of expression that would "allow the body to speak for itself through unconscious improvised movement." The idea was to reveal "what was unknown to man, either within himself or in his surroundings, the long dormant genetic forces that lay hidden in the shrinking consciousness of modern man." And to do so, the pair embarked on a journey back to northern Japan in order to "embody the presence of mythical, dangerous figures at the peripheries of Japanese life." The result of their collaboration, half way between performance art and photography, was then turned into a book -- Kamaitachi -- first published in 1969 and recently re-edited after having been out-of-print for 40 years.

Drawing in the villagers as performers and using the rice fields and rural landscape as a theatrical set for an improvisational Butoh performance, Hosoe photographed Hijikata's spontaneous interactions with the landscape and with the people they encountered. Hosoe has called the project 'a subjective documentary', an investigation of tradition and an exploration both personal and symbolic of the convulsions of Japanese society. It was inspired by the legend of the Kamaitachi, a weasel-like demon who haunts the rice fields and slashes those who encounter him"

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(You should really expand these to full size)

The Pillars of Creation, giant clouds of interstellar gas and dust in the Eagle Nebula. The longest of the 'pillars' is more than seven light-years long.

"The pillars are dense clouds of gas in the Eagle Nebula, a star nursery in the constellation Serpens, near Sagittarius. They were made famous by a dramatic 1995 Hubble Space Telescope image.
The tricky part is that the forecast is based on evidence that the pillars were demolished by the supernova's shockwave about 6,000 years ago.
"[They] have been destroyed. I use the past tense because the nebula is 7,000 light-years away," said Nicolas Flagey, a French doctoral student working for NASA.
In other words, light from the nebula has taken 7,000 years to reach Earth, and everything we see is that much out of date.
This recent infrared image of the Eagle Nebula shows a bubble of hot, rapidly expanding material directly behind the pillars, Flagey reported on January 8 at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Seattle, Washington.
In the image, taken by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope, a red mass of hot dust warmed by the supernova can be seen behind the ghostly green of the nebula. The pillars are directly in the shockwave's path.
"The pillars are not dense enough to resist" the blast, Flagey said.
The red ball can't simply be gas heated by nearby stars, he added, because only a supernova could generate that much energy."

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All that text looks like it was taken out of Final Fantasy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads