• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some pocket square designs

Which would you buy?

• Jerusalem

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Leo Belgicus

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Months

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Mughal 1

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Neptune

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Primavera

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm working on these designs. Most are unfinished, but I'd like to see which are popular so I can decide which are worth finishing.

14902441036_5094be5f10.jpg

Jerusalem - Text will be removed

14738883570_02d9ba9f86_o.jpg

Leo Belgicus - Higher resolution image would be obtained

14902563456_33e65bd87e.jpg

Months - White parts would be filled in

14738929608_a084d756c9.jpg

Mughal 1

14739003480_03cbb97990.jpg

Neptune - Blending on top border would be fixed

14739050858_ff88fd3d4a.jpg

Primavera - This is pretty much finished

Many more original silk pocket squares on my website

nmoore82

Reaction score
The bottom two are my favourite designs.

Is it just 100% silk you're getting these printed on? A wool / silk blend would look good.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last 2 get my vote, too!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS.: it looks like you're a lot into Renaissance-y arts (which I like) but I'd like to see Van Gogh's Café de nuit made into a pocket square, would look awesome!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is it just 100% silk you're getting these printed on? A wool / silk blend would look good.

Yes, 100% silk.

I'm not really sold on wool/silk. The definition doesn't seem as crisp. I might try it in the future.

PS.: it looks like you're a lot into Renaissance-y arts (which I like) but I'd like to see Van Gogh's Café de nuit made into a pocket square, would look awesome!

I'm into all eras, but I actually prefer illustration and crisp colors such as with Mughal 1 and Months. I find paintings can often look like a blur when folded. Of course Primavera and Neptune are exceptions, so hard to say what will catch my eye.

606px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

The best Van Gogh pocket square would be Starry Night, especially if you crop to show just the sky and leave out the church steeple. These colors are really crisp, but this work may be too famous.

Have you considered doing a Bosch painting?

569px-Garden_delights_centre_panel_lossless_crop.jpg

I might do The Garden of Earthly Delights—it's already square!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks KW for the answer!

rdsr

Reaction score
I have been finding ways to have Starry Night PS made although I would keep the entire painting even if the PS ended up being rectangular. Another option could be Starry Night Over the Rhone.
I like their color palette.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Van Gogh just seems like a great idea in general due to the vibrant colors he used. If you want a less famous work than Starry Night, I think many of his Olive Trees would work pretty well.

Cezanne (thinking his landscapes, mainly), Monet, ect might work too.

I just love my impressionists. The Renaissance stuff is fine, but it doesn't really get me going the way Van Gogh does.

Also, have you considered getting licensing to do this? :D

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members