• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

some of the best tacos ever....

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I usually make guacamole on the fly with some onions/tomatoes/cilantro/etc... you guys care to share your recipe?
I take some avocadoes, mash them up (but I like a little texture so I don't pass it through a tamis or anything, just lightly mashed with a couple forks), then add cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt. Sometimes a very very very tiny amount of micrograted garlic. I just keep tasting it and tasting it until I get it to the point where I want it. I don't usually use recipes or anything at home.
Originally Posted by romafan
don't fish tacos usually have cabbage/slaw & crema?
confused.gif

I think they usually do. They're also good with a fruit based salsa. But I like doing really thinly sliced cabbage w/ lime juice and salt, let it sit and get nice and juicy, but still crunchy. It's good stuff.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pink.
patch[1].gif

tor

Reaction score
If anyone is ever in Dallas, you must go to Fuel City and get their tacos. It's just a little window at this gas station/convenience store. It's pretty easily recognizable though, considering that there are longhorns grazing out in the middle of downtown Dallas.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
taqueria pampano. best in nyc IMO. look em up

Was in midtown so checked this place. I dunno, 3 nondescript pretty dried out tacos for like $10.
confused.gif

Really miss this tacos al pastor place from my old neighborhood in Mexico City, great stuff.

cholula_360x450.JPG

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I take some avocadoes, mash them up (but I like a little texture so I don't pass it through a tamis or anything, just lightly mashed with a couple forks), then add cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt. Sometimes a very very very tiny amount of micrograted garlic. I just keep tasting it and tasting it until I get it to the point where I want it. I don't usually use recipes or anything at home.

thanks, Kyle. thats what I usually do too, though I sometimes add a little tomato to it... and we don't have ******* lime here and I have to substitute lemon.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really? what time did you go. they have expanded a bit so maybe QC has gone to ****.

Originally Posted by JoelF
Was in midtown so checked this place. I dunno, 3 nondescript pretty dried out tacos for like $10.
confused.gif

Really miss this tacos al pastor place from my old neighborhood in Mexico City, great stuff.

cholula_360x450.JPG

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
thanks, Kyle. thats what I usually do too, though I sometimes add a little tomato to it... and we don't have ******* lime here and I have to substitute lemon.

don't sweat the lime, it's best use is for color preservation. Tomatoes can add a nice shot of acidity.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really? what time did you go. they have expanded a bit so maybe QC has gone to ****.

It was kind of midafternoon, maybe was lunch stuff that was a bit old. Not a problem, I also had an empanada from the qban place next door (Sophies?), was quite tasty.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, sophie's is solid and pump is there. pretty solid food court overall

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, sophie's is solid and pump is there. pretty solid food court overall

Yup and thanks for turning me on to it. What's weird is you would never know it was there, even after you walk into the building lobby there's no sign or anything. The reception guy just points at the down escalator when you ask.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
....came from my kitchen saturday night! unfuckingbelievale. had a bunch of people over and made al carbon tacos with homemade mexican crema. marinated flank in salt, pepper, oo, garlic and lime juice.
grilled them with some well-oiled sliced vidalias. homemade guac and pico de gallo. unbelievably good. even made my own corn tortillas.

MEH

If you want some special tacos, you need to come to Reynosa with me
smile.gif

I invited you once.

We haven't been going recently ourselves ( my friends and I ).

But if you ever get to Dallas again, call me for Taco-time.

And don't forget Kunk, Roids and HGH is muy barato en Mexico
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads