• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just to keep the rumor mill going ~ higuain and benzema are not really fit (which also explains why you don't see H+B up front). higuain will be sold this summer, contract negotiations fell thru and the renewal clause was not met. benzema is close to the president as so will not be disposed of, at least not so easily. for the best, i suppose, as benzema is much more naturally talented in my opinion.

it's getting to the point that jose may use CR as the #9 and leave those two oafs on the bench versus United next leg.

Dumb as it sounds, my faith in Madrid may be lost if Higuaín heads out. HIguaín is vastly underrated throughout his career and was brought over by the club at 17-18 years old. Viewed him initially as a Raúl-figure (who was also reluctantly let go). I, for one, still appreciate the loyal servant type (Messi, Puyol, Zanetti, Lahm, etc).

IMO, Benzema hasn't proven himself since arriving - he'd be first on my list to leave. I understand the dynamic he brings in comparison to the poacher Higuaín, but he's just been stagnant for too long. Higuaín is valuable, consistently performs for country, and has been frequently goal-getting for Madrid in the past.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bayern looked awfully good today.

And their fan support was amazing.

Unser Pokal maybe this year

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bayern did look good today.

But let's be honest with ourselves...

they were playing Arsenal....

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dumb as it sounds, my faith in Madrid may be lost if Higuaín heads out. HIguaín is vastly underrated throughout his career and was brought over by the club at 17-18 years old. Viewed him initially as a Raúl-figure (who was also reluctantly let go). I, for one, still appreciate the loyal servant type (Messi, Puyol, Zanetti, Lahm, etc).

IMO, Benzema hasn't proven himself since arriving - he'd be first on my list to leave. I understand the dynamic he brings in comparison to the poacher Higuaín, but he's just been stagnant for too long. Higuaín is valuable, consistently performs for country, and has been frequently goal-getting for Madrid in the past.

Benzema is even criticized in the French team..

He is a great passer of the ball but he is not a box striker...

He just doesn't score enough goals..

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
Arsenal couldn't keep up for most of the first half but I think they put in a respectable shift in the second. I'm just happy it wasn't a complete massacre.

ribkin

Reaction score
Bravo Ragazzi!

Anyway, those guys will probably get awarded 2 penalties at camp nou...

ac21686

Reaction score
Makes the shortlist of the finest defensive displays in recent memory, even more incredible when you consider Milan's backline compared to just a year ago. Unbelievable victory :slayer:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Makes the shortlist of the finest defensive displays in recent memory, even more incredible when you consider Milan's backline compared to just a year ago. Unbelievable victory
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

They didn't park the bus either. They just kept things very tight. Played a bit like an away team would, but who cares, they got the victory. It's going to be a belter of a 2nd leg.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic setup for a shootout and all out assault by Barça at the Camp Nou. Great first leg, and definitely worked out differently than I'd imagined. Rossoneri rising.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That FC Porto team can play. I wouldn't want to draw them if I were a top club.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leibgeber