• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

LosRojiblancos

Reaction score
RVP wont sign a new contract with Arsenal!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7868741/RVP-snubs-new-Gunners-deal

This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.

As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

FML!

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
Yeah, it's heartbreaking that van Persie is leaving - I think every gunner knew in the back of their minds. I don't feel as crushed since I knew he was always going to leave. Couldn't ask for a better love letter/goodbye than this past season he's had with the club.

Probably headed to Spain

LosRojiblancos

Reaction score
I truly believed he would have stayed, especially after the signings of Poldi and Giroud.
With this statement I just feel like he is ******** on Arsenal. Fair enough that he don't want to sign a new contract but then he should have told Gazidis instead of making a public statement (which he, apparently, didn't informed the club about). With this statement he has put Arsenal in an almost impossible situation when it comes to negotiate a price for him, everybody now knows he's not gonna sign a new contract so Arsenal will most likely have to take a lowball offer or let him go for free next summer.

I hope he end up in Spain, Anzhi or PSG. Just as long as he don't make a Nasri and go too City...

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont' follow women's soccer a ton. I thought Hope Solo was supposed to be the massive heartthrob...?
:confused:

Not a fan of Solo. Don't really think she's attractive. I have a lot of respect for Rapinoe as a player, one of the few who I think isn't just good "for a girl," which obviously adds to the attractiveness factor.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hope Solo has an odd head shape.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

La Liga could do with RVP.

You guys need to remember, RVP was CONSTANTLY injured during his time at Arsenal. This is one of the few periods at the club that he has not missed extensive games.

Honestly, RVP's loss is not so great. Past performance is the best measure of future results and that means he'll be injured again before long.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Soccer

Some of these people would make more news if they came out and said: Wait, hold on, contrary to all other indications, I am actually straight. This isn't ground breaking stuff anymore. I am glad its a snooze but why do I need to know the information. Perhaps they should tell us whether they are tops or bottoms as well. LOL

It's gotten less blatant, but it definitely isn't a non-issue. Alas, not the place for such discussion

Pity about RvP, but Walcott is coming into his own and we just picked up Giroud. We'll see what others are brought in, I'd like to see more creative mid signings

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breaks a gunners heart to lose RvP. As mentioned, apart from the imperious form in the last two seasons, he was known to have glass legs.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's gotten less blatant, but it definitely isn't a non-issue. Alas, not the place for such discussion
Pity about RvP, but Walcott is coming into his own and we just picked up Giroud. We'll see what others are brought in, I'd like to see more creative mid signings

Giroud is a good player a la Gomez..

He is tall and strong and can do well in England..

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In light of no EURO action - kit updates!

Manchester City Home and Away:

Dortmund:

Liverpool 3rd :uhoh:

Personally, I think the Dortmund ones look fantastic. Puma's been doing a great job with their kits as of late.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads