• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even what? ****, the group think in this thread is beyond lickballs.

Just shocked how you can't rate Zlatan affirmatively w/in top-10 strikers at least.

Torres?
Dzeko?

Pure strikers: (Strikers, not goalscorers)

1) RVP
2) Drogba (still)
3) Ibrahimovic
4) HIguaín
5) Balotelli
6) Lewandowski
7) Huntelaar
8) Gómez
9) Ba
10) Dzeko

(honorary mention to Klose, who I still think is spectacular, and forever will be)

(To specify, I don't classify the following as pure strikers for various reasons: Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Rooney, Agüero, Podolski, Lavezzi, etc.)

ANIKETOS

Reaction score

The Milan Derby is manufactured by the media to be something it isn't. It is the third most interesting official derby in Italy and behind a whole bunch of other rivalries in terms of real fan interest. As popular as these two clubs are, they also have huge portions of the Italian public hating one or both.

The Derbies in order of intensity.
1. Lazio-Roma
2. Juve - Inter (known as the Derby of Italy)
3. Inter - Milan

Plus some others that get only local interest.
Cagliari - Palermo (Derby of the Islands)
Genoa - Sampdoria

But games like Juve-Fiorentina, Napoli vs anyone up north etc always gets more real fan attention than Inter-Milan.

Remember the papers and tv are controlled by the same people who own these two clubs (one literally owns media, the other family is so rich they have major media influence) so they can make it appear cooler than it is.

What makes inter-Milan more interesting is that they have more trophies domestically and in Europe than Roma-lazio plus they have more stars....Roma-lazio is fueled by more hatred thu so it depends on what you mean by interesting

ANIKETOS

Reaction score

Just shocked how you can't rate Zlatan affirmatively w/in top-10 strikers at least.

Torres?
Dzeko?

1) RVP
2) Drogba (still)
3) Ibrahimovic
4) HIguaín
5) Balotelli
6) Lewandowski
7) Huntelaar
8) Gómez
9) Ba
10) Dzeko

(honorary mention to Klose, who I still think is spectacular, and forever will be)

(To specify, I don't classify the following as pure strikers for various reasons: Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Rooney, Agüero, Podolski, Lavezzi, etc.)

Come on no milito? Cavani ? Falcao?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Torres?
Dzeko?

1) RVP
2) Drogba (still)
3) Ibrahimovic
4) HIguaín
5) Balotelli
6) Lewandowski
7) Huntelaar
8) Gómez
9) Ba
10) Dzeko

No order:

RV Persie
Ba
Benzema
Messi
Falcao
Suarez (******* hate this guy)
Cavani
Neymar
Ronaldo (midfield? Who knows anymore)
Lewandowski

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Come on no milito? Cavani ? Falcao?

You are right on Falcao on form. Cavani... I've never felt a passion for (frequently underperforms w/ Uruguay albeit being played out of position), and no MIlito. Maybe 4-5 years ago, but not one of those elite anymore.

And re: above, Messi, CR7, Neymar, and Suárez are not true strikers. They're either hybrid center-forwards (Suarez and Messi) or wingers (Neymar, Ronaldo).

ANIKETOS

Reaction score

You are right on Falcao on form. Cavani... I've never felt a passion for (frequently underperforms w/ Uruguay albeit being played out of position), and no MIlito. Maybe 4-5 years ago, but not one of those elite anymore.

And re: above, Messi, CR7, Neymar, and Suárez are not true strikers. They're either hybrid center-forwards (Suarez and Messi) or wingers (Neymar, Ronaldo).

II actually think Cavani is better and more versatile than Falcao and Suarez but thats just me. I am sure that if he was in the English or Spanish league he would be hyped more and probably score more goals.

Milito is just an amazing special player who still has it at 33,if only not for the damn injuries. He is always one of the top scorers in Europe despite them and has done it wherever he went.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

II actually think Cavani is better and more versatile than Falcao and Suarez but thats just me. I am sure that if he was in the English or Spanish league he would be hyped more and probably score more goals.

Milito is just an amazing special player who still has it at 33,if only not for the damn injuries. He is always one of the top scorers in Europe despite them and has done it wherever he went.

truth. scoring loads from genoa, zaragoza, genoa to inter. unlucky to be overlooked by the crazy maradona during 2010 WC.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which he did. At that time, he was showing serious class and Juve jumped on him. He didn't exactly leave because of relegation, there were issues as far as I recall. He had issues at inter with Mou, too.

Eto'o was miles better at Barca, in 2 seasons Ibra only made a handful of appearances. Eto'o scored over 100 goals. Ibra was a flop at Barca, face it. They were about even at Inter where they both played 2 seasons. Milan shipped a lot of players, he was one of them. If AC needed the money, there were other players to sell. If he was untouchable, he'd have stayed. Facts are facts: he plays 2 seasons everywhere he goes, much like Adebayor.

I dont want to trash him too bad, he might crack my top 10 strikers list but that's more a measure of the lack of quality right now than Ibra.

Juve didn't want to let him go. Ibra threatened with legal actions. He never had issues with Mou, in his book he has said he'd die for him.

Ibra wasn't really a flop. A scored a bunch. He was just put under huge expectations because of his pricetag. His lack of time on the pitch wasn't because of him being 'average', but his problems with Pep.

Messi
Ronaldo
Falcao
RVP
Zlatan
Suarez
Cavani
Aguero
Benzema
Rooney

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
True.Ibra had problems with Pep. Probably because of his ego not because of his ability on the pitch. The reason they wanted him is that they wanted a presence in the box. SOmething they still lack today.

As for Ibra and Mou they were on good terms but when Ibra left he told the players you wont win anything without me to which mou replied,we will win everything without you.Which they did:slayer:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This dropped today: New France Away

Hard to see from the ad, but now a pale blue rather than straight white. Eh - decent away kit. Details are nice though.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As for Ibra and Mou they were on good terms but when Ibra left he told the players you wont win anything without me to which mou replied,we will win everything without you.Which they did:slayer:

This

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:fu: Piqué. Clear as day penalty.

Take that.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
wth how was that not a pk pedro ... the fascists are up to something

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oooooooohhh. Xabi Alonso got away with one.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Varane looking like a boss today. Stripping Messi of that ball and then running back around him rather than just booting it. :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads