• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

forzaroma

Reaction score
Indigo and cotton
They have both m and l
Thank you sir!!!! Based on my previous post, what size would be a good fit? Also, how well are these made? Are they as durable as my Filson mackinaw and will it last a long time.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who works out regularly find Starks just don't work well with having athletic physiques? I'm not a huge bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have some muscle from working out. I tried on a Stark last year and sized up but the arms still looked like spandex on me. I was debating whether I should stretch them out but choose to return it.

I am not a small dude and my L fits fine in the arms. It's going to be pretty much skintight. I did notice that the new season fisherman is like a full size smaller than the old one, though, which made it too small.

Wade

Reaction score

Thank you sir!!!! Based on my previous post, what size would be a good fit?  Also, how well are these made?  Are they as durable as my Filson mackinaw and will it last a long time.  

I think M for a slim fit and L for a looser fit. Check their return policy and you can maybe order both and return the one that don't work for you.

onehotchili

Reaction score
I know folks are constantly trying to figure out the sizing for the SNS Starks. For reference I am 5'9" 145lbs Suit size 36/37 with a fairly athletic build. The Medium Stark fit me great....

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Not sure. I am also more athletic and find it works very well. Chest size is chest size, irrespective if you are more athletic or not. However, I think a Stark works better on a more v-shaped torso. If the mid-section is as big as the chest and the cardigan hugs it in the same way, it can look weird due to the slim fit. Arms can be a challenge but less of an issue to me. I also expect that virgin wool will stretch a bit.

For what it's worth, I wore one last week traveling to San Francisco. On both flights the flight attendants (different ones) complemented me on the cardigan. Obviously something is working ...

Mike

Ha,,,,,Got the same complement on my flight...But no one else was wearing the same sweater, just waiting !

forzaroma

Reaction score
@Wade: Thanks!!! Anyone else want to chime in, on the durability of the "S.N.S. Herning Fisherman Full Zip".

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody know any retail stores that sell "S.N.S. Herning Fisherman Full Zip" in America, would really love to buy one without the outrageous sales tax and shipping cost.  Anyone selling?  Can't seem to find one.  Also any alternatives, looking for knitted full zip.   

For reference, I'm 5'9 155lbs, athletic build.  Thanks!!!

If you scroll back in this thread a mere few pages there's a post from me w/ most of the domestic stockists. I think I missed Carson Street Clothiers...not sure they have the Fisherman FZ.

Also, @stevent is selling a concrete FZ Fisherman. Nice piece. http://www.styleforum.net/t/370852/...rman-shawl-paragon-3a-loden-38-6a-sky-40/0_30

forzaroma

Reaction score
If you scroll back in this thread a mere few pages there's a post from me w/ most of the domestic stockists. I think I missed Carson Street Clothiers...not sure they have the Fisherman FZ.

Also, @stevent is selling a concrete FZ Fisherman. Nice piece. http://www.styleforum.net/t/370852/...rman-shawl-paragon-3a-loden-38-6a-sky-40/0_30
Awesome!!! Yeah I saw that on the classifieds, would've easily pounced on it if it was in the navy or sea blue color. My luck!!! haha

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

forzaroma

Reaction score
Anyone know good knitted full zip alternatives, priced reasonably under $150. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know good knitted full zip alternatives, priced reasonably under $150.  Thanks!!!

Indigo and Cotton is an additional 10% off, $194 is a pretty solid price. You aren't really going to find better full zip alternatives

Code is extra10

Last edited:

forzaroma

Reaction score
Indigo and Cotton is an additional 10% off, $194 is a pretty solid price. You aren't really going to find better full zip alternatives

Code is extra10
Thanks, maybe I'll wait and see if I can find a better deal. But as of now, I've gone a little over the budget buying gifts for Christmas. haha....

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I could get some of buttons used on starks?

If anyone has a beat to hell stark they want to sell me the buttons I shall pay more then any buttons should ever sell for. ;)

VirtruviusR

Reaction score
Anybody know where I could get some of buttons used on starks?

If anyone has a beat to hell stark they want to sell me the buttons I shall pay more then any buttons should ever sell for. ;)
Dude I'm sure if you look around on the internet you could find some very similar buttons on etsy or some DIY/maker's supply/sewing type place for very, very cheap. They're pretty unremarkable metal buttons after all, nothing particularly distinguishing that you shouldn't be able to find with a little searching.

Then again, if you're set on strictly SNS buttons and don't mind paying for the convenience/added knit, more power to you

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinonlis