• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Psydelik

Reaction score
Club Monaco and Zara carry some really decent slim fit chinos. CM has a few colours to choose from and they're at a decent price-point (69 bucks, but very often on promotion) They're super thick and feel really nice. The ones from Zara are 50 bucks at the very most and they're incredibly comfortable and slim fitting. The fit is similar to the west point twill pants by W+H.

astralazia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
My normal size is 30L; how will these fit if they are supposed to fit at the ankles yet my normal size is 30?

By 30L, you mean your inseam is 34"? The inseam on all khaki waders is 30", which i guess normally would be a 30S.

If you need a 34" inseam you would have to get the SF Tapered Khaki on the dockers website. They're exactly the same as the waders but I guess they make taller people pay a premium.

I think the only true dockers slim fits are the ones that actually have "tapered" in the title, although I've gotten the Stretch Sateen version and I found them to be just as slim as Waders. I normally wear a 31 and the Never-Iron's and Signature Khaki Slim Fit's were much too baggy, whereas I had to size up to a 32 on the Waders. Even though they are all labeled "D1" they actually fit very differently. Good thing dockers has free return shipping.

I also have the LE Canvas slim fit chino's but find the Waders to have a better cut. I like the material on the LE's but had to size down one and even then they are too baggy in the seat and too tapered at the ankle.

Club Monaco had some really nice slim chino's for $80 over the summer. I waited for them to go on sale and they pulled stock before I could pick them up. From what I remember, they actually fit true to size and were of nice quality material. They were not the Kennedy or Dawson or whatever other named cut they have, but were just labeled slim fit chino.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Ha ha, you're absolutely correct about the sizing. I'm not sure if these are for me.

Originally Posted by slack tide
dude you guys no disrespect but these topics just cycle over and over and over and over.

docker waders are slim as **** and odds are unless you're a skinny little heroin chic type dude then you might even need to size up an inch in the waist

urban outfitterns is normally the only ones who carry the 28x30. they are ridic tight. I popped one of my buttons off trying to un-do it. They're $50 pants. They're not that great. But they fit good. The cotton feels cheap yet thick (yep, i dunno if that makes sense, but its true). The buttons feel real nice and cheap and plasticy. The zipper brand is Ideal and it's fine.

if you're wearing waders correctly you're going commando. their wont be room for briefs...and certainly not boxers, ppl. big legs beware

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually bought 2 pairs of bonobos straight leg wool pants today for 105 each. there's a code on their blog for an extra 30% off sale items

i love the fit of their straight leg pants, though whenever I say that I'm called a spammer by someone on SF. If I say I like Iron Hearts, no one cares. If I say I like Bonobos, I'm called a spammer. never understood that

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
i actually bought 2 pairs of bonobos straight leg wool pants today for 105 each. there's a code on their blog for an extra 30% off sale items i love the fit of their straight leg pants, though whenever I say that I'm called a spammer by someone on SF. If I say I like Iron Hearts, no one cares. If I say I like Bonobos, I'm called a spammer. never understood that
Probably because of jackholes like the one above you. EDIT: Mods erased blatant spam I referenced. Well done.

sharks9022

Reaction score
Do the save khakis fit slim? Do they have a narrow leg opening?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sharks9022 buy the wader you know you want to especially since they are on sale for like 50% off right now.

sharks9022

Reaction score
Haha I'm 6' 3" man. I mean I dig showing off the ankles but I like to keep my calves covered.

danilo

Reaction score
some more review on the Dockers Waders, these khakis were made for me. I ordered 3 of them and paid like $90 shipped on sale. They fit perfect, and to me these are the nicest feeling khakis I've owned, they have a soft hand but the material itself feels like a canvas. Pretty heavy duty, they are nicely 'worn in' but not overly done. The fit on me is amazing, I'm like 5'7 so the inseam is perfect. I really do love these and I think they're the perfect casual khaki for me. And a crappy fit pic
5372540031_b96a8a1c26_b.jpg

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
out of my size yo.

what is the name of the other dockers pant that is pretty much the same thing as the wader?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads