• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

jhwendland

Reaction score
How are those Brooks Brother's slim fit chinos working out for you? Curious about the fabric and how the fit compares to other chinos.

Sort of a WTF pant. More skinny than slim (shockingly skinny actually), which I wasn't expecting since they're from Brooks Brothers, which isn't exactly the hippest place. Could be a great pant if they redesign it with a proper fit.

Luckily, I was able to grab a pair of somewhat slim pants from J Crew for ~$20 this weekend. If they have them in your size online, you might want to consider grabbing a pair.

Last edited:

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
From my experience, slim chinos are pretty easy to find. Any common stores (i.e. malls, department stores, outlets) that sell slim wool pants? I'm thinking the most convenient place for me would be Macy's?

White Lotus

Reaction score
From my experience, slim chinos are pretty easy to find. Any common stores (i.e. malls, department stores, outlets) that sell slim wool pants? I'm thinking the most convenient place for me would be Macy's?
BR. Aiden slim fit. GAP Lived in Slim fit.

I'm a pretty slim guy except I have wide hips so I can't wear these pants unfortunately but these pants are good for anyone seeking slim fit pants.

catlettsl

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with Banana Repubs Aiden chino....can you recommend a better quality brand but fit wise similar to these? Maybe in the 70-120 dollar range. Thx

lodobazz

Reaction score
I bought some lived in straight khakis from GAP, size 32x28. I really wish they sold them in 32x29 since I feel they are just a tad short: I see a lot of sock (more than I'd like, anyway) when I sit down. Feel is great and the leg opening isn't giant like Docker's D2. I have too much thigh for D1s.

Infinise

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys have any quality chinos in a saturated, warm, caramel/mustard color to recommend? I've been looking at the Epaulet Rivet/Driggs and Unis Gio so far:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/bottoms/products/driggs-washed-duck-canvas-caramel
http://unisnewyork.com/collections/bottoms/products/gio

It's just really hard to tell what they actually look like in real life, since every photo makes them look different. (And I've been burned before by ordering some different ones that turned out to be a plain, dull khaki.)

Basically, this color = good

this = no thank you

Thanks!

zinc2162

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys have any quality chinos in a saturated, warm, caramel/mustard color to recommend? I've been looking at the Epaulet Rivet/Driggs and Unis Gio so far:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/bottoms/products/driggs-washed-duck-canvas-caramel

It's just really hard to tell what they actually look like in real life, since every photo makes them look different. (And I've been burned before by ordering some different ones that turned out to be a plain, dull khaki.)

this = no thank you

Thanks!
I think the first picture is fairly accurate. However, they do fade somewhat as you wash and wear them.

iLuveketchup

Reaction score

this = no thank you

Thanks!
The J Crew Driggs in melted caramel matches your first photo. They are light weight and do not match the quality of Epaulet's offerings. The J Crew does however fit slimmer than Epaulet's Driggs.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33