• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sky Valet update

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped by Sky Valet this morning to drop off a pair of shoes for repair.  Still no EGs.  Sky Valet has brought most of the Vasses out of the stockroom into the store.  Lots of shoes in sizes 44-46.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just out of curiousity, what price are they charging for Vass?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$650, which is expensive (at least to me), but well below retail.  Sky Valet was charging $695 for U-last shoes, but IIRC, have none left in stock.  Boots are above $700.

drljva

Reaction score
I stopped by Sky Valet this morning to drop off a pair of shoes for repair.  Still no EGs.  Sky Valet has brought most of the Vasses out of the stockroom into the store.  Lots of shoes in sizes 44-46.
Any more insights from these guys as to what happened with Vass? Was it, as some have suggested here, price-related? Curious, as all I know about this was a short email from Adam at SV....

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If SV puts their Vass on further discount, please let us know.
Hmm . . . now that I think about it, Sky Valet discounting the Vass that they will no longer be ordering is a distinct possibility.  They are currently trying to clear out Alfred Sargent at 20% off.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be over there tomorrow picking up some shoes they've been working on and checking out the remaining Vass stock.

drljva

Reaction score
I'll be over there tomorrow picking up some shoes they've been working on and checking out the remaining Vass stock.
kabert, what size do you wear in Vass? -- I seem to recall that one of the DC regulars also has big feet, like me... :)

Do let us know if you happen to see any remaining Vass shoes in large sizes -- 46 and above.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 47 in the U-last; 46 or 47 I'd assume in the non-U-last (wider) shoes.

If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount. Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.

tdial

Reaction score
I wear 47 in the U-last; 46 or 47 I'd assume in the non-U-last (wider) shoes.  

If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount.  Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.
Excellent idea. I'm a 43 on the P2 last. No idea about the other lasts.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would jump in with a local group buy, possible for a budapest. No clue as to fit, though. Whatever is closest to 10.5D

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NoVa, the SV guys are very easygoing, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you figure out your size in Vass.

drljva

Reaction score
I wear 47 in the U-last; 46 or 47 I'd assume in the non-U-last (wider) shoes. Â If I find any that fit, and that I like the style of, I'm going to see if they'd do a volume discount. Â Perhaps we could do a group buy of all their remaining stock at, say, 50% of retail.
Great idea. Let us know what you're able to find. Just as long as we don't have to fight over the one remaining pair of shoes that we both happen to want.
tounge.gif
Did SV ever have a size 47 in the U-last?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there are some nice 44 and 44.5 in there, I'd go in on a group buy if they were willing to knock 50% off of their price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads