• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist

tropic

Reaction score
hello everyone
I'm kinda tempted by a pair of 5010s but I can't figure out which size I need. I had a look at BiG and SelfEdge measurements but there are some differences between the two so I'm a little bit confused (especially in thigh and waist area)
Does anyone have those measurements for a size 30 or 29? (my true waist is 30 btw)

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tropic
hello everyone I'm kinda tempted by a pair of 5010s but I can't figure out which size I need. I had a look at BiG and SelfEdge measurements but there are some differences between the two so I'm a little bit confused (especially in thigh and waist area) Does anyone have those measurements for a size 30 or 29? (my true waist is 30 btw)
My true waist is a 31, and I got a 31 in the Skulls. After wearing them for a few hours, I would actually recommend sizing down to a 29, since these seem like they're going to stretch at least an inch in the waist. Be warned though, the thighs are fairly snug, so if you want a slightly looser fit, I'd get the 30's. If you want them to be fitted, a 29 would probably work better. For reference, a 29 in the APC NS fits about perfect. I'll give these a nice soak and hopefully they'll tighten up a bit, but I'm kind of wishing I would have sized down. Anyone have recommendations on how to shrink a pair of jeans as much as possible by soaking? I'm guessing really, really hot water.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Skull 5000XX 15th Anniversary Jean & Restocks

For their fifteenth anniversary Skull has released a special jean in limited numbers made of a new denim which they developed just for this project.

Hiro, the founder of Skull has produced a new silhouette for the first time in two years and woven a new denim which is made up of a combination of cotton fibers from Southern California and Arizona (but woven in Japan).
This denim is made up of a longer but thinner cotton staple which makes the denim pliant and long lasting while still rigid.

The new 5000XX jean and a restock of the very popular 5010 and 5507 jeans are now available at SESF and our online store. Restocks aren't as often as we'd like with Skull, once these are gone we don't expect to have them in stock again for a while:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=70

The Skull 5000XX Anniversary Jean
skull_01.jpg

skull_03.jpg

skull_04.jpg

skull_05.jpg

skull_06.jpg

skull_07.jpg

thomasec

Reaction score
So my 5010xx's were just delivered via proxy from Japan, and the overall fit is a bit looser than I'd hoped for. There's a solid inch of room in the waist, and the thighs are slightly roomier than I'd like. Here's a fit pic:

My question is, if I do a hot soak, will they stretch out beyond where they are right now? I'm ok with how they currently fit if that's as much as they'll stretch (the top block is exactly like my APC NS in a 29). I just don't want to soak them and then be forced to sell them for significantly less than I paid.

I feel like the "old" version in a 31 would have fit perfect.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
You got the wrong size, you definitely need one size down in those.
Soaking them won't shrink them enough for them not to stretch back out past where they are now.

Thanks Kiya. They're up for sale in B&S right now for $220 for anyone interested. Just want to sell them while BIG still has a 30 in stock.

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
Been looking at the 5010 as well as the 5507. I like the cut of APC NS (more straight slim rather than skinny), and from reading this and the Sufu thread there seems to be conflicting opinions as to which Skull cut more closely resembles the cut of the NS. Based on the listed measurements, it seems like the 5010 is only slightly slimmer than the 5507. Also, if I take a 34/35 in the APC NS, what Skull tagged size would correspond?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jenkinslaw
Been looking at the 5010 as well as the 5507. I like the cut of APC NS (more straight slim rather than skinny), and from reading this and the Sufu thread there seems to be conflicting opinions as to which Skull cut more closely resembles the cut of the NS. Based on the listed measurements, it seems like the 5010 is only slightly slimmer than the 5507. Also, if I take a 34/35 in the APC NS, what Skull tagged size would correspond?

5010 is a lot slimmer than the 5507. Don't let the measurements deceive you.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Ya, I plan to, even tho another seam on the pocket busted today. Wouldn't have bothered me if it was after months of hard wear either. They're great jeans, but this kinda feels like I dropped three bills for some Target specials. Jus sayin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads