• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist

pham

Reaction score
Is sizing up 2" on Skull 5010xx One Wash Jeans too much? I want a slim-straight fit for my denim and not really too tight. I have seen skulls that fit like Nudie Thin Finns and Slim Kims which is not the look I'm looking for. Looking for someone looser but I'm not sure if sizing up 2 will be the solution or if it will be a bad choice. Thanks.

For reference, I have 28" Nudie Slim Jims that fit fine but are a little too tight. I would like something looser. I'm also 5'6" and 128 lbs.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pham
Is sizing up 2" on Skull 5010xx One Wash Jeans too much? I want a slim-straight fit for my denim and not really too tight. I have seen skulls that fit like Nudie Thin Finns and Slim Kims which is not the look I'm looking for. Looking for someone looser but I'm not sure if sizing up 2 will be the solution or if it will be a bad choice. Thanks.

For reference, I have 28" Nudie Slim Jims that fit fine but are a little too tight. I would like something looser. I'm also 5'6" and 128 lbs.

From the sounds of it you need a size 29 in the 5010.
Also, i highly recommend you NOT buy the one-wash Skull models.. they destroy the denim with the industrial wash/dry that they put the jean through, get them in the raw state, which is smart considering the denim doesn't shrink much anyway once washed.
Here's a size chart to help you out:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...7ff901872ed36e

pham

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Kiya! I appreciate it.

BTW, I bought my Nudies from you!
smile.gif

eusticity

Reaction score
Do you think you will restock the Lindas at some point?

I'm interested in these because they're a female cut with a button fly, although I'm not sure if the fit what I'm really after -- for reference I own a pair of Slim Jims in 29 that I find too tight; what size would you recommend in the Lindas (alternately, I'm liking the Sugar Cane Women's Rodeo Bootcut which you only have left in 30) ?

Thanks in advance!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eusticity
Do you think you will restock the Lindas at some point?

I'm interested in these because they're a female cut with a button fly, although I'm not sure if the fit what I'm really after -- for reference I own a pair of Slim Jims in 29 that I find too tight; what size would you recommend in the Lindas (alternately, I'm liking the Sugar Cane Women's Rodeo Bootcut which you only have left in 30) ?

Thanks in advance!

I think you should look into the Flat Head Balder Slim Jeans, compare the measurements to women's jeans you already own to determine your size:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=318

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Skull Jeans by an Alchemist Restock
Just got a restock of some of the most popular items from Skull including a new version of their mid-length wallet..
5010 6x6, 5010 Black Selvedge, and the 5507 jeans came in, including wallet leather chains in both tan and black, raw indigo selvedge denim sawtooth shirts, and medallion wallets.

All of these Skull items are now available online:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=70

BB035-754532-760663-708777.jpg

SKULL2-743947.jpg

wallet.jpg

chain1.jpg

chain2.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Skull Hat T-Shirts & New Wallet Colors

Skull releases some of the most fun leather accessories and T-Shirts due to their wild color schemes and interesting graphics.
We've brought in their new T-Shirt in two colors and also their Mid-Length wallet in Black and Slate and their Medallion Wallet in Red.

The T-Shirt has a heavy print on the front and back and one sleeve has been embroidered with the Skull Jeans logo.

All these items are now available in our online store:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=70

BA113_C03-720952.jpg

greyback-720980.jpg

BA113_C02-796836.jpg

blackback-796859.jpg

redmedallion-755863.jpg

blackmid-782633.jpg

slatemid-782649.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Skull 5010 6x6 Jean is Back!

After a long hiatus one of our most popular jeans in the store is back... The Skull 5010 6x6 slim cut jean is finally back in stock at Self Edge.

The Skull 5010 6x6 is known for it's ultra stiff dark indigo denim with a straight slim fit, and is now for the first time available up to size 36. Over the last six months especially we've seen some particularly amazing looking broken in pairs of this jean, and we think because of this the popularity of this model is about to skyrocket again..

Along with the 5010 6x6 Indigo Jean we also received a full restock of the 5010 Black Selvedge Jean, the Skull Tan Medallion Wallet, and both Skull T-Shirts. All four of these items are now available in our online store. Check the store for specs, measurements, and more..
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...92570f8697f4b7

BB035-754532-760663.jpg

skull-5010-790403.jpg

skull_medallion-724973.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SKULL 5010XX 6x6 RAW
are these supposed to shrink to the same measurements as one wash, or have they actually created two different cuts (Raw) and (one-wash)... cause I hot soaked these things for 2 hours, didn't shirnk too much

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
SKULL 5010XX 6x6 RAW
are these supposed to shrink to the same measurements as one wash, or have they actually created two different cuts (Raw) and (one-wash)... cause I hot soaked these things for 2 hours, didn't shirnk too much

I'm pretty sure they're sanforized so they won't shrink much

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
SKULL 5010XX 6x6 RAW

Dude, they're sanforized.. no need for a soak.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats with the cross stitched on the back pocket?
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads