• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So with that Russian Hatch Grain could we make an L&T Split Toe? Like the idea of something like what was offered by St. C

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So with that Russian Hatch Grain could we make an L&T Split Toe? Like the idea of something like what was offered by St. C

My split toe patterns are still under development. As you guys can imagine, a lot of time and effort goes into developing new styles and unfortunately we do not have the resources to launch every single style in the beginning. Please be patient! It will not be a Split Toe style similar to StC.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a possibility, but it would have to be crowd funded. Can you get 6?
I don't know if we have enough loafer crazy people here for that...

Think about it folks.... The hatch pattern would be a great compliment for black shell

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took this guy's confident advice and just want to share the (positive) outcome.

I have a pair of G&Gs here in MH71 7E with generic G&G shoetrees in size 7 and the Skoak 6 are very very close, might even be a mil longer, possibly ever so slightly less voluminous in the vamp area but frankly, if you patched a Gaziano placque on the Skoak tree I wouldn't know the difference slipping it into my Rothschilds. Looking fw to using these for my sale G&Gs to come (if and when they do ^^).

Outstanding quality btw, I got the cherry and it's just super nice, smooth spring, actually feels worth the price tag.

^^ glad it worked out for you man!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leaves - interested in seeing your new shell offerings. Will organize a cordovan string loafer group order once we get this first MTO to test fit. Thank you! Any samples of this style in shell made up?

knappabn

Reaction score
Yes, Horween Russia Hatch Grain as the actual article from Horween is called, is available. I am not sure it will be the exact same one StC uses, I think they use one with a slightly different pattern to the grain. There is no surcharge for Hatch Grain, it's just a standard bovine leather actually.

What colors do you have available in the hatch grain?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My split toe patterns are still under development. As you guys can imagine, a lot of time and effort goes into developing new styles and unfortunately we do not have the resources to launch every single style in the beginning. Please be patient! It will not be a Split Toe style similar to StC.
So no chance having them ready for the A/W drop?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Carlos Santos boots showed up today and what a fantastic pair of boots for the price point. I think that Carlos Santos is probably the best value leader. I mean I love several brands but if you want the best shoe/boot for the least money it's hard to beat Carlos Santos. This is my first pair of their boots and they are super and fit spot on.

I am thinking of spraying them with Tarrago Nano Protector Spray for Leather Suede Nubuck has anyone tried this in the past?

IMG_20180503_181810.jpg

fllick

Reaction score
Checking interest. Would anyone like to crowdfund a Lof Tung Abreau Loafer in colour 8 or dark cognac cordovan? Would be a cool looking loafer imo.

Stock picture shown below (credits: skoaktiebolaget website)

T-loafer-last-01_1024x1024.jpg

Lof-_-Tung-Full-Strap-Loafer-Abreau-03_1024x1024.jpg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Checking interest. Would anyone like to crowdfund a Lof Tung Abreau Loafer in colour 8 or dark cognac cordovan? Would be a cool looking loafer imo.

Stock picture shown below (credits: skoaktiebolaget website)

T-loafer-last-01_1024x1024.jpg

Lof-_-Tung-Full-Strap-Loafer-Abreau-03_1024x1024.jpg
interested, but waiting on my first MTO in same style to check / confirm sizing. willing to wait until the first batch of MTOs are delivered? if these fit well, I'm sure some of the first group will be back for seconds. Also, are you interested in the tie loafer?

Belfaborac

Reaction score
I am thinking of spraying them with Tarrago Nano Protector Spray for Leather Suede Nubuck has anyone tried this in the past?

I've used the same spray for 3+ years on suede shoes and boots from Heschung, Cheaney and Crockett & Jones. I've never noticed any detrimental effects, only positives. It really works wonders on repelling both water and dirt and saves me a crapload of time I'd otherwise have to spend on maintenance.

fllick

Reaction score
interested, but waiting on my first MTO in same style to check / confirm sizing. willing to wait until the first batch of MTOs are delivered? if these fit well, I'm sure some of the first group will be back for seconds. Also, are you interested in the tie loafer?

Definitely in no hurry as these will probably be delivered late autumn anyway.. The tie loafers are great but unfortunately I already own a pair, so that's out for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads