• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel free to disagree but I still believe the LT shoes are made by the same Spanish makers who make Septieme Largeur's line

Yes,same feeling (which I always thought is also the same maker of J. FitzPatrick Shoes)
Although L&T shoes look definitely more refined overall.

Any plan to offer some L&T casual string loafers?
Anyone interested in unlined chocolate brown grain version? (think a welted version of a classic daino car shoe)

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes,same feeling (which I always thought is also the same maker of J. FitzPatrick Shoes)

Anyone interested in unlined chocolate brown grain version? (think a welted version of a classic daino car shoe)

How would you feel about one of the colours of deer? Has the grain you're looking for. I think Leaves posted the colours somewhere but they're not on the L&T website

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I asked this and I believe the answer was that there were no unlined models.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How’s the leather quality and finish?

EDIT: For the price that is...

I’m going to answer this in the meantime, although it’s up to Andy to give his subjective answer of course.

We use only the highest grade leathers from Du Puy and Weinheimer. This has been mentioned before. Basically this is the grade you would find in the very top level manufacturers, well above this price range. As for the finish, this is much more subjective and I will leave this for Andy to answer.

Needless to say I have put a lot of effort into making these shoes look & feel well above their price range and I think everyone that has seen these IRL would agree.

@Leaves Just checking. Will the enzo bonafe wholecut be restocked anytime soon? Thanks!

No plans for a restock.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves, what is the difference between Bonafe style 3578 and style 4000? Is it just the lack of pinking on style 4000? Thinking of an aubergine model on the 556 last for the fall and am overwhelmed by the many styles.

Is the 556 last a little fuller/rounder than the 804 last in person?

Also, I emailed you guys this weekend about a Bonafe chukka. Should I resend?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m going to answer this in the meantime, although it’s up to Andy to give his subjective answer of course.

We use only the highest grade leathers from Du Puy and Weinheimer. This has been mentioned before. Basically this is the grade you would find in the very top level manufacturers, well above this price range. As for the finish, this is much more subjective and I will leave this for Andy to answer.

Needless to say I have put a lot of effort into making these shoes look & feel well above their price range and I think everyone that has seen these IRL would agree.
I would not dispute Patrik's assertion at all. My Binghams look great out of the box. The leather is not thick and is quite supple, right from the start. I think this along distinguishes L&T from other shoes at a similar price point. I consider Meermin, for example, as brutally unwearable. I wore my L&Ts all day yesterday with only minor discomfort toward the end of the day (disclaimer--I have arthritis in both big toe joints now and often find new shoes cause problems on the upper part of my toes, right at the arthritic joint. These L&Ts did that, but then so has my most recent pair of Edward Green).

I've already said that I like the S last. It strikes me as similar to EG's 202 last: rounded and classically styled.

Are these Binghams as good as Edward Green Berkeleys? Probably not. But consider that they are 25% of the price of the Edward Green shoes. I would put them alongside Crockett & Jones, certainly, at, what, half the price?

I would recommend L&T to anyone looking for good quality shoes at an extremely competitive price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads