• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most saw the writing on the wall :).

In any event, completely understandable. I am a bit sad, because you all had the best curated selection. But my sadness is clearly selfish.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any G&G and I certainly understand the appeal, but with the flexibility of St. C and Enzo Bonafe MTO programs offering very similar build quality, plus the affordability of Carmina and Carlos Santos, I can see how G&G can get squeezed out of the lineup. Great looking product though.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here but I just hugged my Thorpe boots a little tighter and will be a great memory from our GMTO lol

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gaziano & Girling at Skoaktiebolaget

Hi guys, hope you re all enjoying Three Kings' Day! As many of you have kinda figured out by now we are ending our partnership with Gaziano & Girling. I started working with them many years ago, as an agent at first and then a retailer. So it has been a tough decision because of our long history together. But the reality is that our G&G sales has dropped at a steady rate these last couple of years. There are many reasons for this, one of them is that most of our brick & mortar clients use StC for MTOs these days because of the freedom of their MTO program and the short lead times. It has also become more and more difficult for us to drum up interest for GMTOs and our RTW sales has dropped significantly. G&G has a loyal core of die-hard followers, most of them active here on SF, but unfortunately it’s not enough to support our business. This is a business decision and I wish Tony & Dean all the best with their brand.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, but please note that I’m away Monday-Thursday (Pitti Uomo next week). Any placed MTOs and GMTOs will of course be honoured! But we are not accepting new orders.

That's very sad, but I can definitely understand your reasoning. It also seems that now G&G is more flexible with MTOs just going directly with them as well -- I can imagine that would take some of your business away too. You guys were my introduction to G&G, who are now one of my favorite makers, so I have to appreciate you for that. :) Will be interested to see who you fill their spot with, or if St. Crispin's takes that spot already.

armsignet

Reaction score
That's very sad, but I can definitely understand your reasoning. It also seems that now G&G is more flexible with MTOs just going directly with them as well -- I can imagine that would take some of your business away too. You guys were my introduction to G&G, who are now one of my favorite makers, so I have to appreciate you for that. :) Will be interested to see who you fill their spot with, or if St. Crispin's takes that spot already.

On the positive side, this probably means more business for Nick at BE. He, like Skoak, is a great merchant. So it sounds like a "win-win," as we say in the States.

Mrlol

Reaction score
Many Italian makers wants their shoes to completely close up when lacing, instead of making a "V" like many people are obsessed about.

I don't know if you know this, but i have a couple of shoes from the shoemaker vass with the F last. Its a little bit to low in the instep for me, but its still quite high they say in their catalogue. What would you recommend if i want to go for something like the vass f last but from lets say enzo bonafe with a sligtly higher instep?

probably a long shot but u need to try :)

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you know this, but i have a couple of shoes from the shoemaker vass with the F last. Its a little bit to low in the instep for me, but its still quite high they say in their catalogue. What would you recommend if i want to go for something like the vass f last but from lets say enzo bonafe with a sligtly higher instep?

probably a long shot but u need to try :)

The 363MOD would probably be your best shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads