• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

polskifiat

Reaction score
Hi Leaves, is there a possibility of another run of the Ed Green Galway in Heather Gorse or is Zug still not available? Thanks!

Exdeath

Reaction score
Bought the Bonafe Castagna longwing boots during the sale, but haven't really got a chance to post about them until now.

Is there any way to remove the laces with leather tabs, short of cutting them off? They've been laced in a shoe shop pattern which is really unflattering, and makes it really difficult to get the boots on or off since there's a very limited amount of room even when the laces are fully loosened. With those tabs it's impossible to even unlace them from the eyelets or retie them. It's a shame because they're really handsome shoes and I like the natural rope laces.

polskifiat

Reaction score
Yikes, you're right bkotkso! Thank you all for your input. What are the differences between the ileaca and the Zug from Horween?

member2000r

Reaction score
Yikes, you're right bkotkso! Thank you all for your input. What are the differences between the ileaca and the Zug from Horween?
Horween one is a bit stiffer than the Ileaca one, but more choices in colour. I think Ileaca has stopped producing Zug unless a big enough order appears.

grunberg

Reaction score
Bought the Bonafe Castagna longwing boots during the sale, but haven't really got a chance to post about them until now.

Is there any way to remove the laces with leather tabs, short of cutting them off? They've been laced in a shoe shop pattern which is really unflattering, and makes it really difficult to get the boots on or off since there's a very limited amount of room even when the laces are fully loosened. With those tabs it's impossible to even unlace them from the eyelets or retie them. It's a shame because they're really handsome shoes and I like the natural rope laces.
G

I had the same problem. Bought them in early November. For me it was cutting off and glueing back without use of top eyelet. Awful thing, but what could I do...

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright those StC are awesome and sorry to detract but any word on when you might be restocking carmina boots leaves?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Alright those StC are awesome and sorry to detract but any word on when you might be restocking carmina boots leaves?

Well we're mainly looking at launching boot stuff from Carlos Santos in a couple of weeks! Not much in the pipeline from Carmina until the spring season now.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really want those grain split toes from CS. Shouldn't have slept on them. I know a lot of people are buying CS but not seeing very many wear pics or reviews of the shoes and how they're holding up. Would love to hear as I've yet to buy a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads