• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves, you offer several interesting styles of Carlos Santos oxford shoes.
I hate myself for being this nit-picky, but what ruins them for me is the little leather flap at the bottom of the lacing.
Can you explain to me the use of it and why the "Algarve Wingtip" doesn't have it, but the "Classic Oxford" and the "Dress Shoe" do?

Last edited:

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate myself for being this nit-picky, but what ruins them for me is the little leather flap at the bottom of the lacing.
Can you explain to me the use of it and why the "Algarve Wingtip" doesn't have it, but the "Classic Oxford" and the "Dress Shoe" do?

That flap is supposed to cover the stitch that holds the eyelets together.

bloodyj13

Reaction score
Same here
1f64b-1f3ff.png

I'd be very interested in that model!

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EUtroll @walkthetalk @tdes81 @bloodyj13 @supern0va
Thank you guys for all your interest.
Of course, @Leaves has already spoken and I will respect SkoaB's wishes to be a little more patient and wait till the current batch has been completed,
Nonetheless I will keep you guys in the loop when the time comes to do this.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Answered by @rbhan12. Widely used by Enzo Bonafè as well. It's a neat feature, mainly aesthetic of course.

bloodyj13

Reaction score
Thanks a lot ! patience is a virtue!

@EUtroll
 @walkthetalk
 @tdes81
 @bloodyj13
 @supern0va

Thank you guys for all your interest. 
Of course, @Leaves
 has already spoken and I will respect SkoaB's wishes to be a little more patient and wait till the current batch has been completed, 
Nonetheless I will keep you guys in the loop when the time comes to do this. 

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Answered by @rbhan12. Widely used by Enzo Bonafè as well. It's a neat feature, mainly aesthetic of course.

Thank you two for the explanation!
I prefer the simplicity of the stich and sadly find the flap a lot less attractive.
Well, I am probably in the minority.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Speaking of that Pre-order, can people recommend sizing on 363MOD? Does you go TTS? I know its one of EB more generous lasts but curious in reference to other lasts.

Please email us [email protected] for fitting advice.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of that Pre-order, can people recommend sizing on 363MOD? Does you go TTS? I know its one of EB more generous lasts but curious in reference to other lasts.

If you want some points of reference, I'm a 10.5D brannock with a high instep, I take:

• Enzo 363MOD - 9.5UK
  • Enzo 804 - 9.5UK
  • Enzo 74945 - 9.5UK is snug in my instep, but probably fine for a non-oxford
  • Alden Barrie - 10D US
  • G&G MH71 - 10E UK
  • Carmina Rain - 9.0UK (9.5 UK is quite loose in the heel but fits well everywhere else)
  • Carmina Simpson - 9.5UK (slightly snug in foot, but loose in the heels similar to Carmina Rain, fine with heel pads)
  • C&J 335 - 10E UK
  • C&J 365 - 9E or 9.5E UK depending on how snug I want it
  • Viberg 1035 - 10 US
  • Allen Edmonds 65 - 10.5E US

Last edited:

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please email us [email protected] for fitting advice.

WIll do. Thanks!

If you want some points of reference, I'm a 10.5D brannock with a high instep, I take:

• Enzo 363MOD - 9.5UK
  • Enzo 804 - 9.5UK
  • Enzo 74945 - 9.5UK is snug in my instep, but probably fine for a non-oxford
  • Alden Barrie - 10D US
  • G&G MH71 - 10E UK
  • Carmina Rain - 9.0UK (9.5 UK is quite loose in the heel but fits well everywhere else)
  • Carmina Simpson - 9.5UK (slightly snug in foot, but loose in the heels similar to Carmina Rain, fine with heel pads)
  • C&J 335 - 10E UK
  • C&J 365 - 9E or 9.5E UK depending on how snug I want it
  • Viberg 1035 - 10 US
  • Allen Edmonds 65 - 10.5E US

This is great I appreciate it! I also sized down for 1035 and my AE 65 is also equivalent (fluctuates between D and E). Would you say sizing down in Rain was best or if you could do it again would you go tts? Thanks again

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads