• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Oh no....I wish I could I unsee those Nevis. Must. Not. Buy.

Hopefully that is MTO and not stock.

Last edited:

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
It was a pre-order. If it's like times in the past, they may have extra sizes. (I've already pre-ordered and paid, so I am no competition for you!)

Pbayvip

Reaction score

Oh no....I wish I could I unsee those Nevis. Must. Not. Buy.

Hopefully that is MTO and not stock.

Yes, it was a pre-order that closed in... wait for it.... beginning of April last year. I even forgot I took part in it, so was quite surprised today.
Seems that guys at Skoak really have a reason to discontinue EG.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This just landed in-store. Not bad for the goodbye wave to EG, what do you guys think?

Oh nice, I've been waiting for that pre-order to land. Skoak received part of the order back in Nov., but not mine. Hopefully it is included this go around.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a pre-order. If it's like times in the past, they may have extra sizes. (I've already pre-ordered and paid, so I am no competition for you!)

Generally a pre-order payment secures you a pair in your size from their stock order, so there are usually extra pairs unless their entire stock order was pre-sold.

Really nice boots.

heelguy

Reaction score
9 months--I am still waiting for my Galways from February (were rejected by EG quality control initially)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

9 months--I am still waiting for my Galways from February (were rejected by EG quality control initially)

I ordered 2 pairs of Galways in Feb. and they were both rejected in Sept. Don't order Galways in Feb....haha

ieasti

Reaction score
Keen, but is it confirmed that the cordovan boat has sailed and it won't be possible to get these in shell?

Trying to get a Gaziano and Girling GMTO going. 

Burnham in Vintage Rioja calf preferably on TG73 sole treatment undecided.

EDIT: Standard (UK E) width.

We have two members already interested.  Anyone else?

11055783_1379174219070915_554190790_n.jpg

armsignet

Reaction score
Keen, but is it confirmed that the cordovan boat has sailed and it won't be possible to get these in shell?

I don't know about shell availability, especially in Vintage Rioja. If it's not ungodly expensive, I would be interested. However, I don't know that my wallet could take the hit anyway, given that just calf Burnhams are already pricey compared to other GG because they are whole cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads