• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very much so. But it depends on your...skill set.

I am known to be hardworking and adaptable. I'm also addicted to shoes and will readily absorb and retain information pertaining to them.
I will also work for free, if you set me up with a beautiful Nordic woman.
So is SkoaB hiring?

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am known to be hardworking and adaptable. I'm also addicted to shoes and will readily absorb and retain information pertaining to them.
I will also work for free, if you set me up with a beautiful Nordic woman.
So is SkoaB hiring?

Well if you can settle for a decent Swedish woman and not a beautiful? In this range?
maxresdefault.jpg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm surprised to hear this. My understanding is that the brand owned by one of the other siblings had taking a majority of the business. I'm glad to hear this is not the case as I am a big fan of Carmina's makeups abd lasts

I think it might be the other way around? But I have no knowledge at all about Meermin to be honest. Carmina is definitely thriving. They would never changed their US price policy if they were struggling.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's good to hear. As I said I really like they makeups and their lasts fit me incredibly well. I just heard from a few US retailers struggling with the line as a result of Meermin. For an overseas made product it looks decent but I don't find them in the same league

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That's good to hear. As I said I really like they makeups and their lasts fit me incredibly well. I just heard from a few US retailers struggling with the line as a result of Meermin. For an overseas made product it looks decent but I don't find them in the same league

A retailer should be able to explain to his clients the difference between a pair of Meermin and Carmina. But we'll see how the new US price policy will effect them. Short term they have probably taken a huge hit on their (direct) US sales but long term it's most likely a good decision.

Last edited:

armsignet

Reaction score
A retailer should be able to explain to his clients the difference between a pair of Meermin and Carmina. But we'll see how the new US price policy will effect them. Short term they have probably taken a huge hit on their (direct) US sales but long term it's most likely a good decision.

Frankly, the customer should be able to tell themselves. I had an MTO Meermin, and the quality difference between it and Carmina was apparent even in the insole. I quite liked the plum museum leather on the shoe though.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skoak gents, was browsing the Skoak US site on my iPhone 5S, and the pop up advertising the free show trees is blocking the site. I can't click the "X" to close the ad because doing so just triggers the shopping cart page, which also gets blocked, lol.

Just thought I'd pass along the bug info.

If the ad appeared further down the screen, or if the X were on one of the lower corners, I suspect it wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Skoak gents, was browsing the Skoak US site on my iPhone 5S, and the pop up advertising the free show trees is blocking the site. I can't click the "X" to close the ad because doing so just triggers the shopping cart page, which also gets blocked, lol.

Just thought I'd pass along the bug info.

If the ad appeared further down the screen, or if the X were on one of the lower corners, I suspect it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm having the same issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads