• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got so excited that the Carmina Adelaides I purchased might get here overnight. Now I have one more reason to hate Jersey...

How does this happen? I've hit the exact same problem this morning with my order of Carmina shoes from Skoaktiebolaget:

Am I the "importer"? How does this get fixed? I sent an email to sales@ this morning, but it was already end-of-day in Sweden, so I guess this won't get fixed, if it gets fixed, until Monday now?

steveoly

Reaction score
We can choose our method of shipping, correct? For all the BS I read about Fedex with customs, etc, it seems like a no-brainer to pay the extra for USPS.

loxo

Reaction score

How does this happen? I've hit the exact same problem this morning with my order of Carmina shoes from Skoaktiebolaget:

Am I the "importer"? How does this get fixed? I sent an email to sales@ this morning, but it was already end-of-day in Sweden, so I guess this won't get fixed, if it gets fixed, until Monday now?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys this is US Customs issue. It's out of Skoaktiebolaget hands

How is it out of their hands? I assume without some action on someone's part, these packages will just sit in a customs warehouse in Newark until returned to the shipper.

We can choose our method of shipping, correct? For all the BS I read about Fedex with customs, etc, it seems like a no-brainer to pay the extra for USPS.

I don't get it. I've had I don't know how many overseas shipments via FedEx, including maybe 25 packages from Proper Cloth shipped out of Malaysia that clear customs without incident and are delivered on time. And then maybe a small handful, including this present shipment, that hit a snag. One has to assume that the problem lies with the customs paperwork, no?

I wouldn't worry and I don't think you need to do anything. I imagine it will all get sorted out soon, but I wouldn't expect the shoes before the weekend. Its not Skoak's first rodeo with US Customs. Its just a pisser to have to wait in anticipation. :)

They're just shoes. They were scheduled to be delivered Monday. I don't particularly care if they get here Monday or a week from Monday, as long as they get here. It's the opaqueness of the problem that bothers me.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol. So call customs. Skoak doesn't control them. Call customs and see what's up. Tell us what they say haha.

Or just calm down

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. So call customs. Skoak doesn't control them. Call customs and see what's up. Tell us what they say haha.

Or just calm down

Thank you for your concern. I am perfectly calm.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does this happen? I've hit the exact same problem this morning with my order of Carmina shoes from Skoaktiebolaget: Am I the "importer"? How does this get fixed? I sent an email to sales@ this morning, but it was already end-of-day in Sweden, so I guess this won't get fixed, if it gets fixed, until Monday now?
I also had an order from Skoak shipped via Fed-Ex yesterday, and it's expected delivery is Monday. Skoak's shipping info states 2-3 business days for expedited shipping. However, Fed-Ex did contact me yesterday to get some information on the incoming shipment (wanted to know what the shoes were made of). My FedEx tracker says my package was released from customs earlier today, and I expect them Monday morning for delivery.

NewStart

Reaction score
I guess his concern is this line

I haven't experienced this before, but i think the suggestions above make sense, call customs to understand what the issue is and ask skoak to help if needed.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or just calm down

Interesting. According to FedEx, the package contains electronics and thus has an invalid part number in the shipper's database. So I told them the package contains a pair of shoes.

"No electronics?"

No

"Just a pair of shoes?"

Yes.

So FedEx is gonna look into it.

lartiste

Reaction score
You use a rubber, one of those you had as a kid in school, I think that's the word in English right?

Many thanks Leaves. The word rubber is proper term from my central european point of view. Don't be confused by native speakers.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads