• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly I'm thinking of getting a bronze and black cc galway because of the doak issue rather than burnt pine. They really need a color between burnt pine and new doak.

Hazel

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn. Beautiful.

Any top down pics of the 890 vs the 82 or vs the MH71 possibly?

Nightshade on that style is so sharp. Rich and classy but modern

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves,

Not sure if you saw it, but a few pages back I had asked if EB has any saddle style? Also wondering if they have a side gusset oxford like this EG you posted a while back:

900x900px-LL-dd19b170_Edward-Green-Kibworth-DOAK-01.jpeg

Thanks!

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Leaves, Not sure if you saw it, but a few pages back I had asked if EB has any saddle style? Also wondering if they have a side gusset oxford like this EG you posted a while back:
Thanks!
I do not recall seeing this pair. They are incredibly creative. The Kibworth is a fantastic style.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Leaves,

Not sure if you saw it, but a few pages back I had asked if EB has any saddle style? Also wondering if they have a side gusset oxford like this EG you posted a while back:

Thanks!
Bonafé has a saddle shoe, it looks like this:

Here are two side gusset styles:

LoKey

Reaction score
Recent EB two tone boot arrived from Skoak (along with a wholecut Carmina in black). Quick delivery as usual and great customer service. The boots were a bit squished from the packaging (the suede shaft was folded over) and the calf leather seems to crease pretty easily. Construction is great. The sizing on the 363MOD last works well for me in the toebox width and instep (slightly high) but the heel is roomier than I'd like. I haven't given up on the 363 MOD but I'd like to give the 946 a try as well.

For comparison:
Carmina Rain: 10 UK (extra length, good width in toebox, slight heel slippage)
Carmina Soller: 10 UK (enough width for thicker socks and also some heel slippage)
EB 363MOD: 10 UK (high instep, similar width to Rain, modest heel slippage)

Allen Edmonds: 5 last 10EEE and 10.5 E in others.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted a ton in this thread (or others) as I only started on SF about six months ago. So hello and thanks to all for the awesome pics and ideas posted here. The Skoak thread is consistently a top favorite thread.

Made my first purchase with Skoak a little whole ago. I'm in jeans almost everyday for work and have little need for black shoes. But I needed one awesome pair and picked up the Carmina wholecuts. I love em. The new EG wholecut looks pretty spectacular as well. Thanks to Skoak for the great service on these and for sizing help for an upcoming pair of EGs (can't wait for the Shanklin).

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Recent EB two tone boot arrived from Skoak (along with a wholecut Carmina in black). Quick delivery as usual and great customer service. The boots were a bit squished from the packaging (the suede shaft was folded over) and the calf leather seems to crease pretty easily. Construction is great. The sizing on the 363MOD last works well for me in the toebox width and instep (slightly high) but the heel is roomier than I'd like. I haven't given up on the 363 MOD but I'd like to give the 946 a try as well. For comparison: Carmina Rain: 10 UK (extra length, good width in toebox, slight heel slippage) Carmina Soller: 10 UK (enough width for thicker socks and also some heel slippage) EB 363MOD: 10 UK (high instep, similar width to Rain, modest heel slippage) Allen Edmonds: 5 last 10EEE and 10.5 E in others.
Thanks for sharing, very helpful.
I haven't posted a ton in this thread (or others) as I only started on SF about six months ago. So hello and thanks to all for the awesome pics and ideas posted here. The Skoak thread is consistently a top favorite thread. Made my first purchase with Skoak a little whole ago. I'm in jeans almost everyday for work and have little need for black shoes. But I needed one awesome pair and picked up the Carmina wholecuts. I love em. The new EG wholecut looks pretty spectacular as well. Thanks to Skoak for the great service on these and for sizing help for an upcoming pair of EGs (can't wait for the Shanklin).
Thanks, wear in good health and hopefully you will see more styles in our shop that you like.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrankskly