• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bojocon

Reaction score
Can you guys help educate me about the EG Workaday olive reversed sateen fatigue, as I'm a noobie to EG. I called Nepenthes to buy a pair of the Workaday fatigues, and they are out of my size. The woman said they'd get more in a month with the AW order. She seemed to indicate that the Workaday line has a SS version of the fatigue and an AW version. I asked if the fabric and color would be the same, and she wasn't sure. I thought the Workaday fatigue stayed the same year in and year out. Can anyone shed light on this? Is the fabric and color the same throughout the year and from one year to the next? Thanks for any thoughts on this.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If I recall correctly, the fabric on the SS fatigues is a bit lighter than the FW versions.

Agreed, and a lot of places don't mark the season, so you could be picking up either season, any year.

bojocon

Reaction score

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 835021 I found an EG workshirt at a secondhand shop in New York. I've never seen a tag like this on any EG clothes - does anyone know why it's red? Is this just an old season?
Yeah, older tags. Should be real. You have a full pic?

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
faInicl.jpg

Found this guy at a random secondhand store in Tokyo. Has this loop-around button closure that runs inside and outside the jacket (kinda like a kimono). I'm wondering if this jacket has a model name or season because I've never seen this before. Definitely the most interesting EG piece I've ever found.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
Found this guy at a random secondhand store in Tokyo. Has this loop-around button closure that runs inside and outside the jacket (kinda like a kimono). I'm wondering if this jacket has a model name or season because I've never seen this before. Definitely the most interesting EG piece I've ever found.

Are you in Tokyo now? I'm headed that way on Friday

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Can you guys help educate me about the EG Workaday olive reversed sateen fatigue, as I'm a noobie to EG. I called Nepenthes to buy a pair of the Workaday fatigues, and they are out of my size. The woman said they'd get more in a month with the AW order. She seemed to indicate that the Workaday line has a SS version of the fatigue and an AW version. I asked if the fabric and color would be the same, and she wasn't sure. I thought the Workaday fatigue stayed the same year in and year out. Can anyone shed light on this? Is the fabric and color the same throughout the year and from one year to the next? Thanks for any thoughts on this.

We (Drinkwater's) have a full size run of Workaday Fatigues in the Olive Reversed Sateen. Can't remember if I've ever posted that up anywhere else, so just throwing it out there for anyone else that's looking. I'm wearing mine today with a crossneck tee and shawl collar cardi -- They're so comfy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads