• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Field shirt jacket FW07

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lots of Japanese folk seem to be able to make it work (not to generalize all Japanese folks and their heights, but yeah I kind of am). Depends on what you have on top. If you're going for a sleek look then these won't help. If you're layering it out and keeping everything loose then it's doable.

soqueriaterum

Reaction score
Mind if I ask what the actual waist measurement is? (I carry a few more pounds than you
shog[1].gif
)

Waist is 40 - 40,5 cm

That's without stretching the band.

I tried L and it was too much. A lot of room in the legs and hips. They already look like MC Hammer pants as it is.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Waist is 40 - 40,5 cm

That's without stretching the band.

I tried L and it was too much. A lot of room in the legs and hips. They already look like MC Hammer pants as it is.
Thanks!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm watching Godzilla again on HBO and keeping wondering which EG jacket Ken Watanabe is wearing? I really thought my googling would get me an answer but I just can't figure it out. Fits & suits him well.

J1994

Reaction score
I've recently gathered a heavy interest in EG and the looser-fitting look. My main concern is that I'm a mere 5'4" and about slim-average for my size. With this in mind, do you guys have any tips in regards to pulling off the look?

This is the sort of look I'm hoping to achieve as I venture into EG.

ramdomthought

Reaction score

I've recently gathered a heavy interest in EG and the looser-fitting look. My main concern is that I'm a mere 5'4" and about slim-average for my size. With this in mind, do you guys have any tips in regards to pulling off the look?

This is the sort of look I'm hoping to achieve as I venture into EG.

Try a ton of things. A lot of what you wear won't feel right at first. Branch out past 'just' eg and try some of the other Nepenthes brands, Nigel Cabourn, Margret howell, STORY MFG, and any of the run of the mill denim shops in the USA (see: imogene & willie) which put out a lot of basic stuff but occasional gold.

Your height isn't much of a limitation. I'm 5'5" and vary between pudgy and average. I believe @agvs is also around 5'6", so not too much taller and pulls the look off fantastically.

Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score
The "no ***** given" pinrolling on workaday fatigues is by far the best EG look. Pretty much live in that with Birkenstock Bostons or Mckinlays.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads