• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

There was a waist coat? I thought I only saw the hooded zip vest? I like the pants but I'm not sure If I would like how they drape/hang and their movement. Maybe after another price drop I'd be okay with it. :sly:

Everything is always better after another price drop. Probably explains why I've got a drawer of stuff that is the wrong size and which I retain in the hope it might fit one day...

Aye, Liberty had loads of the waistcoats and trousers when their sale started. Must've been online at some point. I've seen a few guys on Instagram with it too.

Biggen

Reaction score

Thank you mike. Sounds like the L or the XL would work for me - very glad they have an elastic waist band. I presumed they did but couldn't see any pictures of it.

I have the shorts in L but also tried them on in XL when I purchased them. Thanks to the elastic I didn't notice much difference in the waist and only went with the L since it was slightly slimmer in the leg. So you're probably right that both sizes should work for you.

Last edited:

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

FML, I just realized the way I roll in EG has a long way to go... :fu:

So what's the material like on those "knit" jackets, anyway? Sweater? Sweatshirt? Thick? Thin? I've wondered about this too long; I must know!

(Also, if someone could kindly shout or PM the cheapest place to find one today [Wed] that would be amazing, thnk you, thnk you...)

We still have that knit jacket in S through XL, believe it or not. I updated our S/S sale album here the other day to include prices and all available sizes of the articles pictured:

ALBUM

Where It Went

Reaction score
been lurking since 2011, but just made a username. love EG and its vibe, but generally lack the funds for full on EG goodness so i make due with what i already own. today's fit: Art in the Age hat, EG chambray work shirt, In My Eyes t shirt (circa 1999), Levi's cargo pants, Birkenstock Bostons.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Welcome to the thread!

Here's another shot of that wave knit material; Porter Shorts:
es9aEqJ.jpg

nLMoblw.jpg

Last edited:

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

been lurking since 2011, but just made a username. love EG and its vibe, but generally lack the funds for full on EG goodness so i make due with what i already own. today's fit:

This all works really nicely together and it's a great example of achieving the EG aesthetic without breaking the bank. I saw this and was trying to figure out what EG pants those were before reading what you wrote...they definitely look the part.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@all my bros: a belated thank you for all the info (I always forget to subscribe to this thread) -- that was very helpful! :slayer:

Tonio, could there be a full-on EG summer suit fit in your future? Because that would be....awesome.

jay3429

Reaction score

^ Welcome to the thread!

Here's another shot of that wave knit material; Porter Shorts:
es9aEqJ.jpg

nLMoblw.jpg
The texture on those shorts look amazing.

Last edited:

fashunz

Reaction score
Hey friends. So I've been lurking for a while and have ended up with some EG based on this thread. I just received a medium baker in black batik, but it's too small. I have a dayton shirt and workaday buttondown in meduim, but I should've sized up on the blazer. Does anyone want to trade? Alternatively, I'll put it up in buy and sell and tried to recoup what I paid. Cheers.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@all my bros: a belated thank you for all the info (I always forget to subscribe to this thread) -- that was very helpful! :slayer:

Tonio, could there be a full-on EG summer suit fit in your future? Because that would be....awesome.

Haha, Biggen beat me to it! Maybe I'll post it up here for fun in the near future. Did you pick the jacket up?

Hey, I know those pieces :D

I would replace the shirt with something a bit more plain to balance the knit pattern of that set...thinking something like a white BD or white t-shirt. The shirt on its own is nice, just don't think it all goes together.

[/SPOILER]
The texture on those shorts look amazing.

Yeah, they are really great.

Here's another contribution; cross post from WAYWT:

blKbyCC.jpg

Niche/EG/Vans

Details
6IB9oUb.jpg

K0PSQIb.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads