• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mdooz

Reaction score
Medium bedford was a little too larger in the shoulders for me, so I bought a small ripstop bedford and I couldn't be happier with the fit.

20240224_171434.png

MmBuddha

Reaction score
Thanks both. I have some moleskin trousers but they’re a light sand colour so no issues with dust etc. as it doesn’t really show on them. Hoping that will be the case with the navy too.
I have the Bedford in the navy moleskin from last season, and it is a bit of a lint magnet it has to be said. I think that‘s fairly unavoidable with moleskin, and is more apparent with darker colours.

I treat moleskin as a practical/informal fabric, and I wear mine as a day-to-day ‘knockabout’ jacket, not giving much thought to lint and marks etc if I can help it. But if dusty/linty moleskin is a personal bugbear I would probably avoid one of these.

MmBuddha

Reaction score
sorry to ask a sizing question in here, but would a L be okay in the (camo) flat twill olive fatigues if i wear a 34" in most other labels across the board, or would i need a M? i gave up with EG for a a while due to the inconsistent sizing between recent seasons (i own tops in S/M/L) and returns being almost impossible from where i used to live. i know sizing is much larger now than it was when i first started buying the brand over a decade ago.

edit: i'm 186cm and about 82kg if it makes a difference.

The mainline EG fatigues do come up pretty large in the waist and rise these days.

Size M from the last couple of seasons feel like roughly a 35 when new to me, whereas the L are more like a 36.5–37. Despite that, the shape of the trousers and fairly moderate inseam seem to make them wearable at a couple of different sizes if you don’t mind wearing a belt or using the drawstrings.

I’m 6ft, 35” waist, and I’m considering trying the L for a baggier belted look, but if I was going more true to size I’d want the M for sure, since the top block is pretty huge in size L.

Beedub

Reaction score
I have the Bedford in the navy moleskin from last season, and it is a bit of a lint magnet it has to be said. I think that‘s fairly unavoidable with moleskin, and is more apparent with darker colours.

I treat moleskin as a practical/informal fabric, and I wear mine as a day-to-day ‘knockabout’ jacket, not giving much thought to lint and marks etc if I can help it. But if dusty/linty moleskin is a personal bugbear I would probably avoid one of these.

Thought that might be the case, thanks for the info.

ramdomthought

Reaction score
some older wools. daiki and crew still hit it out of the park, but some of the older stuff has a special place for me (even if I have to size up to a large when I'm normally a small)

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

FW12 crusher hat in patchwork wools
fw16ish fishing jacket in HB Wool with suede elbow patch and zipoff cotton linen game pockets
trickers x eg mismatch (captoe and shortwing) pebble grain shoes

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS24 is by far my favorite since ss19. everything is wearable and doesnt look goofy.
Same goes for the lookbook. every fit i would wear them on a daily basis.

Yeah, agreed. Unfortunately I'm mostly wfh since the pandemic so I can't justify buying much expensive stuff right now.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
I've read about the changing sizes.
I have a work shirt in L and a chore coat in L. Both fit fine, but not much room.

I now got the HBT olive fatigues/baker pants (with the strings and the front zip pocket) in L. The thighs appear very voluminous, but otherwise they fit ok.

Do you think I need to size down?

Beedub

Reaction score
If they’re too big in the waist, that’s when you’re more likely to need to size down, I think voluminous thighs isn’t such a bad thing with fatigues, particularly with current EG cuts/ fits. I tend to take L/ XL in EG tops but M/L in bottoms, but everyone is shaped different, so that may not be of any relevance. A fit pic might be helpful?

indigoeagle

Reaction score
@Beedub
The L waist is a bit too big, but ok with a belt.
I tried the M as well. There strangely while wide on the thighs, with the low crotch they're still a bit restricted when I lift my leg.
The leg opening is a smaller than I had thought.
So I might go with the L for comfyness.
Perhaps a fit pic tomorrow.

Beedub

Reaction score
I went L with those exact same trousers when I can usually get away with M, I like the looseness in the thigh, waist, like yours is slightly big but fine with a belt and no obvious bunching. I do need them shortening but want to wear and wash a few times to ensure there’s no natural shrinkage from the washing process left, before shortening.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, thrifted this jumper this week. Does anyone know if there's a name for it and what the inner weave is?

Pretty tame compared to other EG stuff but I like it.

IMG_9830.jpeg
IMG_9832.jpeg
IMG_9834.jpeg
IMG_9835.jpeg
IMG_9833.jpeg

blackcheer

Reaction score

blackcheer

Reaction score
@Beedub
The L waist is a bit too big, but ok with a belt.
I tried the M as well. There strangely while wide on the thighs, with the low crotch they're still a bit restricted when I lift my leg.
The leg opening is a smaller than I had thought.
So I might go with the L for comfyness.
Perhaps a fit pic tomorrow.
Maybe try wearing them at your waist. You call them low crotch. Most folks call them high rise

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads