• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blackcheer

Reaction score
Hi, saw some beautiful pieces from their new collection but what's up with the materials that they are using? For example, their Andover jacket in tweed - 60% Polyester 40% Wool or the Hunter's cap - 50% Acrylic 25% Polyester 20% Wool 5% AF?

I have a feeling it's just a matter of economics and also allows them to play around with different prints with synthetic fabrics. You will occasionally see the 100% wool piece but it tends to be priced higher than everything else.

"Engineered Garments’ affection for natural fibers runs deep. Many of the brand’s items are manufactured in materials like cotton and wool in order to take advantage of properties like natural breathability or water protection. Other times, utilitarian qualities are purposefully eschewed, sacrificing technical elements for a feeling of grounded authenticity, explaining why a raincoat like the Drizzler Coat is made from easily soak-able Olive Cotton Ripstop or Khaki Double Cloth. Despite this enduring philosophy, a shift has occurred in the last few years, as Daiki has become more receptive to using synthetic fabrics.

A combination of improved technology and response to a changing marketplace have ushered more man-made materials into the Engineered Garments collection. Daiki views this shift as a learning process, as he balances more high-tech qualities like enhanced water resistance with the same raw emotional qualities his products draw from traditional textiles like twill and canvas. Despite any changes that may come, as a fashion brand, focus is ultimately placed on form over function, and the true hi-spec capabilities are left to the professionals."

Pulled from this article: https://nepenthesny.com/blogs/articles-archived/fabric-insight-multi-color-polyester-floral-camo

Reaction score
From the past few weeks.

1. Loiter + basque shirt + sailor pant
2. Trucker + cagoule + deck pant
3. Utility shawl collar jacket + deck pant + flannel work shirt + (tried and bought) nanga button shawl thing
4. Liner jacket + cagoule + FA pant + paraboot collab

00-eg-1.jpeg
00-eg-2.jpeg
00-eg-3.jpeg
00-eg-4.jpeg

nachobarro

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

I’m looking to buy a Bedford jacket on navy or olive (ripstop or herringbone mainly) but I’m having a hard time figuring out the sizing since it seems that depending on the season an M could be huge or true to size, so idk if I would need to go TTS or size 1 down.

I’m usually a size M European (38-40). Any advice on what should I look (tags/labels) so I can nail the sizing? Measurements seems to be all over the place on the bedfords listing on grailed, ebay, etc, specially, shoulders look a bit wide (18,5-19”)

Thanks everyone and have a nice day!

kittycorraller

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

I’m looking to buy a Bedford jacket on navy or olive (ripstop or herringbone mainly) but I’m having a hard time figuring out the sizing since it seems that depending on the season an M could be huge or true to size, so idk if I would need to go TTS or size 1 down.

I’m usually a size M European (38-40). Any advice on what should I look (tags/labels) so I can nail the sizing? Measurements seems to be all over the place on the bedfords listing on grailed, ebay, etc, specially, shoulders look a bit wide (18,5-19”)

Thanks everyone and have a nice day!
Your best bet is to measure your best fitting jacket and check that against the measurements you find online for individual Bedford jackets. I use Blue Owl's measurement guide which should be easily findable through a Google search.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Your best bet is to measure your best fitting jacket and check that against the measurements you find online for individual Bedford jackets. I use Blue Owl's measurement guide which should be easily findable through a Google search.
Yes, but I hate depending on someone else’s measurements, not everyone knows how to measure 😅 Kind of annoying the sizing inconsistencies tbh.

Do you have a Bedford yourself? Are the shoulders a bit wider because of the cut?

Thank you

Beedub

Reaction score
You’re always going to have to rely on someone else’s measurements whether you buy from a shop or a private seller, and seeing the same item with different measurements at different shops should tell you that even the retailers don’t always know what they’re doing.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Technically from a few months ago now but felt too important not to share. In hindsight, I should have asked our photographer to shoot a proper head-to-toe fit pic for StyFo purposes. You’ll have to merge these together in your head to get the full effect…
65305158-1720-48BA-B5BD-D36299678968.jpeg

51781F91-0D28-47C9-8660-BCE93DFEAB12.jpeg

S/S 23 Bedford Jacket & Fatigue Pants
Brooks Brothers Shirt
Drake’s Tie
New & Lingwood Square
Paraboot Michaels

nachobarro

Reaction score
So it looks like there are some stores in Japan with their first items from SS24. Any info what to expect? I can see the classic Bedford in Olive ripstop, wonder what other jackets/materials we will get.

illiterate

Reaction score
So it looks like there are some stores in Japan with their first items from SS24. Any info what to expect? I can see the classic Bedford in Olive ripstop, wonder what other jackets/materials we will get.
the usual spring/summer stuff: variations of ripstop (cotton, nylon), cotton twill, denim. there are some cool patchwork prints/fabrics though.

overall, in my opinion, this upcoming spring/summer is mostly a pass for me. nothing really caught my attention.

kakishiboo

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads