• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mdooz

Reaction score
5'10" 165 I wouldn't go for a small. Get the M.
Just came in. Thinking about taking an inch off of the sleeves. How does the fit of the bedford look?

Attachments

• 20231211_104759.jpg
    20231211_104759.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 20231211_104748.jpg
    20231211_104748.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 249
  • 20231211_104823.jpg
    20231211_104823.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 244

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
Except he's not and has basically admitted as much on other threads.

If you want to take him at face value and get sucked in, that's up to you, but he's purposefully being obtuse, which is why he's getting the tone of responses he is.
when have i admitted?

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Just came in. Thinking about taking an inch off of the sleeves. How does the fit of the bedford look?
Looks good to me but how does it fit to you? Pants look a little too slim w/the bedford, maybe try regular/wider pants so it looks more cohesive. +1 on alterting the sleeves or roll 'em up.

Mdooz

Reaction score
Looks good to me but how does it fit to you? Pants look a little too slim w/the bedford, maybe try regular/wider pants so it looks more cohesive. +1 on alterting the sleeves or roll 'em up.
Aside from the sleeves, I think it fits well if I layer underneath. If I just wore a t-shirt underneath, it may feel a bit big in the shoulders. But being as this is a black moleskin bedford, ill probably only really be wearing it in Fall/Winter. I've got some regular fit EG fatigues that I'll try on with it, the one I wore in the photos were orslow slim fatigues.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on how you plan to wear it. The shoulders look a little big but if you’re wearing with a sweater or hoodie should be ok. I’m about your size and base eg size on shoulder fit. Too many other variables…

WaIIace

Reaction score
Hi, saw some beautiful pieces from their new collection but what's up with the materials that they are using? For example, their Andover jacket in tweed - 60% Polyester 40% Wool or the Hunter's cap - 50% Acrylic 25% Polyester 20% Wool 5% AF?

Beedub

Reaction score
I have to admit, I do find the increasing amount of synthetic fabrics off-putting. I remember reading an interview with Angelo Urrutia and he talked about how he liked the contrast between items made from natural materials vs synthetics in an outfit. I know he’s not designing for EG anymore and I’m sure it’s irrelevant to the reasons for the increasing amounts of synthetics used in EG collections but maybe it will start to make it more OK in my head (but unlikely). I also read something recently about the slackening off of laws surrounding the use of synthetics in textiles, could be a factor in all of this too?

blackcheer

Reaction score
I don't own this platform, I just created this thread out of love for the brand. It's been almost 20 years running and I'm mortified as to where this thread has degenerated to. Jumping into the unknown, as @R3V3RI3 has, is an awkward experience and you have no idea as what this **** talk looks like to someone who has spent his life trying to help individuals create their individual canvas. It's one thing to give style advice and a perfect place here but please take personal comment in PM.
Additionally, purveyors should take their offerings to the appropriate seasonal thread.
I think that folks on this thread have been kind, patient, generous and helpful with @R3V3RI3 for a long while. Intentionally or not, he's now trolling this thread, among others, which is why he's getting such responses as of late.

As an example, here's my first response to a query from him in late May, on the other EG thread:
Whether you should go for the bedford or aviator is a matter of intended function and personal style. If you're in the process of figuring that out, might be worth looking at fits online, take note of what you think looks good and why

Imho the bedford looks great with fatigues, whether matching or not. It's a classic EG fit. Looks good with most mid layers, whether a tee, hoodie, wool knit, work shirt, 19cbd shirt.

And imho the aviator looks great with a flat hem mid layer, say a tee or hoodie, usually bad with a curved hem mid layer, and most often bad over anything with a collar as the neck then looks messy and bulky. I wouldn't wear matching pants, as the aviator is a casual outer layer

But again, it's a matter of intended function and personal style, and lots of folks look great combining and layering things in ways I wouldn't

For sizing, I'd suggest finding a model online to use as a reference. Lots of shops in Japan have models who wear XS and S, including reggieshop. Personally, when I'm in between sizes or undecided, I size up, not down, as I prefer a looser fit and can always layer

As compared to my recent one:
Imho focus on buying bed sheets and tidying your room

Many of us have tried.

This thread has been degenerating, but I don't think it's fair to accuse folks who recently responded to @R3V3RI3 for its sad state.

illiterate

Reaction score
Hi, saw some beautiful pieces from their new collection but what's up with the materials that they are using? For example, their Andover jacket in tweed - 60% Polyester 40% Wool or the Hunter's cap - 50% Acrylic 25% Polyester 20% Wool 5% AF?
I have to admit, I do find the increasing amount of synthetic fabrics off-putting. I remember reading an interview with Angelo Urrutia and he talked about how he liked the contrast between items made from natural materials vs synthetics in an outfit. I know he’s not designing for EG anymore and I’m sure it’s irrelevant to the reasons for the increasing amounts of synthetics used in EG collections but maybe it will start to make it more OK in my head (but unlikely). I also read something recently about the slackening off of laws surrounding the use of synthetics in textiles, could be a factor in all of this too?
I have a feeling it's just a matter of economics and also allows them to play around with different prints with synthetic fabrics. You will occasionally see the 100% wool piece but it tends to be priced higher than everything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads