• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Workaday fatigués have odd side tabs, too. They only have one button so the tabs flap in the looser setting. Not sure mainline ones are the same way.
Workaday ones fit looser and pretty much come in the same fabrics each season (olive sateen being the constant). Mainline fatigues are slimmer and each season come in a range of fabrics to match some of the jackets so that you can wear them together as part of a suit if you so desire.

Beedub

Reaction score
I don’t think I’d noticed that? I don’t use the tabs on the Workadays and always wear a belt so the flapping tabs haven’t been an issue.

Phullyman

Reaction score
They are definitely relaxed and oversized.. Still recommend TTS though unless the length is an issue for you as the back length can be like ~31.5" for a M

Agree, I wouldn't size down on the popovers.

From my experience, if you do, you get this weird fold in the front that never lays flat. TTS or even sizing up will drape way better.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
They are definitely relaxed and oversized.. Still recommend TTS though unless the length is an issue for you as the back length can be like ~31.5" for a M
my popover shrunk after cold wash and line dry.
1E8472F5-86B4-4B64-AC0D-629CCF4CC41F.jpeg
CB0F4FD0-44D4-410B-95C9-363D7F40A7E5.jpeg

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
i decided to get small in everything from jacket, shirt and pants. is the shirt too long? i think its alittle too long for my height but the jacket and shirt length are intentional for the EG style. theres a contrast in length and hem.
13B1EBF0-0A34-4721-AD80-87FE33CACB10.jpeg

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@R3V3RI3 brother - you look good in basically every item you've posted so far. stop overthinking it! my advice would be to find a size that you feel good in (note: that YOU feel good in) and plug and play every season. for example, i wear S in all bottoms, period. unless something goes wildly wrong with sizing, S is perfect for me. for tops, L if it's outwear, and XL otherwise. i think that's the beauty of EG.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Workaday fatigués have odd side tabs, too. They only have one button so the tabs flap in the looser setting. Not sure mainline ones are the same way.
I just resew the buttons so the side tabs don't flap.

Beedub

Reaction score
@R3V3RI3 brother - you look good in basically every item you've posted so far. stop overthinking it! my advice would be to find a size that you feel good in (note: that YOU feel good in) and plug and play every season. for example, i wear S in all bottoms, period. unless something goes wildly wrong with sizing, S is perfect for me. for tops, L if it's outwear, and XL otherwise. i think that's the beauty of EG.
^THIS.

The longer, scooped hem of that shirt (workshirt? 19thC?) is always going to be far longer than the cropped length of the bomber jacket, so you’re going to get that big contrast, which is exaggerated by the difference in colours of the two items. The only way you’re going avoid that with those items is by going XS in the shirt and XL in the jacket but then you’re going to look like you’re drowning in the jacket (could be a look, but I doubt it).

It it’s really bothering you, look at the EG classic shirt, which is shorter in the body and has a flat hem, which would literally and visually reduce the contrast in lengths. I have a couple, they’re great shirts all round and there’s some really good looking fabrics this AW (I want the blackwatch flannel that’s started dropping at a few places).

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
^THIS.

The longer, scooped hem of that shirt (workshirt? 19thC?) is always going to be far longer than the cropped length of the bomber jacket, so you’re going to get that big contrast, which is exaggerated by the difference in colours of the two items. The only way you’re going avoid that with those items is by going XS in the shirt and XL in the jacket but then you’re going to look like you’re drowning in the jacket (could be a look, but I doubt it).

It it’s really bothering you, look at the EG classic shirt, which is shorter in the body and has a flat hem, which would literally and visually reduce the contrast in lengths. I have a couple, they’re great shirts all round and there’s some really good looking fabrics this AW (I want the blackwatch flannel that’s started dropping at a few places).
alright bro. i think i accepted its “part of the look” cause EG tokyo, EG lookbook and Epitome of edinburgh styled the bomber the same way with the 19th century and the workshirt i got with the bomber. i also saw the fw23 varsity styled with the workshirt with the long contrast hem of both garments. i think it’s intentional because nepenthes styled the bomber the same way. BTW should i size up my popover? I got XS and it shrunk in the washer (posted pix) and i only lined dry 🤦🏻‍♂️

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that you had a nice, thoughtful response to a few posts about overthinking sizing only to end it with "so, should I size up?"
It's the same in multiple threads, unfortunately. I get that it's tricky to figure out at first, but a handful of posters have tried to help, and are giving basically the same advice in different ways, but the question still remains the same.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i decided to get small in everything from jacket, shirt and pants. is the shirt too long? i think its alittle too long for my height but the jacket and shirt length are intentional for the EG style. theres a contrast in length and hem. View attachment 2022653
In all the years wearing 19th, I've never worn them untucked. Just because someone else styled it worn out and you don't care for the look or you feel it doesn't suit your style is like, if everyone's jumping off the cliff and you don't want to...
I've always lived by the premiss that fashion happens and style is what you create.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarunaggarwal89