• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ShoeWho

Reaction score
Thanks again!
FWIW! This is the one that I like and available in my size
IMG_9685_grande_6d91e4d6-b5fb-4a6a-a4d4-56cc171d50f6_1024x1024.jpg

Any opinion appreciated!

Crikey. Regency Hi-tops. Get them, because nobody else will dare to. Add some big gold buckles.

lol

Reaction score
Crikey. Regency Hi-tops. Get them, because nobody else will dare to. Add some big gold buckles.
Thanks! Probably not since I cannot try the shoes before buying them. I just make sure to visit the John Lobb factory store the next time I travel to London.
I have an eccentric taste. I like to have a pair hi-tops sneakers. But I do like neither the flimsy canvas made nor the bulky "gold buckles" Italian made. If these had the top 2 D-ring eyelets or equivalents, the shoes would look better more rugged. If they are comfortable like the brown Chelsea that I have tried, I wouldn't mind wearing them.

Last edited:

lol

Reaction score
What brand?

If you do a lot of business casual I would personally keep them.
Thanks! John Lobb! They are on sale from last season.
They are really comfortable with perfect fit and strong support.
I keep them since I need a pair of Chelsea boots anyway.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that bag, but measurements suggest it's big. More like a carryall/ weekender than a daily carry, I think

Thanks dude! Yeah I kinda need something this size.. I like to lug around my gym gear as well... part of me feels I can get something better though.

@LA Guy i don’t really like dries for most accessories or shoes..

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks @LA Guy

I want them to wear with some Lemaire stuff - White denim, 'rust' chinos (brownish-red) and some baggy light wash Chimala jeans. All in the 8-9" hem range.
Right now it's between these:
ba7f6892a578defd72f5486e413f0aa8.jpg

Visvim-Virgil-Boots-Folk-Veg-Suede-CAMEL-1_large.jpg

And I'm also considering these:
cb7975295e039510aa531e52b62245d0.jpg

So apparently I would need an 11 in both of those Vibergs, and those were sold out. Both of them. And I'm pretty sure the Visvim wouldn't really work for me, even though I like them.

So now I'm thinking about one of these:
Vibergs from NMWA - I feel like I've seen Kyle wearing these with white/ecru denim too but I can't find that photo. Maybe it was on IG?
20160929_0073.jpg

Or one of these Officine Creatives.
I'm not a big fan of the thinnish, distressed sole or curled (?) toe on the side profile, it remind me of the artisinal style boots (CCP etc) which I really don't like. Actually I can comfortable say I hate them. But that doesn't look like a problem when it's on foot. @dieworkwear you had recommended I look at Officine Creative a while ago, do you own any?
181346M255004_1.jpg

181346M255004_5.jpg

181346M255003_1.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get the Vibergs and change the laces, you will not be disappointed

Personally, if you can swing it, I would go for the Visvim for the hell of it. Buy what you like, it's not going to look any more different paired with Lemaire.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So apparently I would need an 11 in both of those Vibergs, and those were sold out. Both of them. And I'm pretty sure the Visvim wouldn't really work for me, even though I like them.

So now I'm thinking about one of these:
Vibergs from NMWA - I feel like I've seen Kyle wearing these with white/ecru denim too but I can't find that photo. Maybe it was on IG?
20160929_0073.jpg

Or one of these Officine Creatives.
I'm not a big fan of the thinnish, distressed sole or curled (?) toe on the side profile, it remind me of the artisinal style boots (CCP etc) which I really don't like. Actually I can comfortable say I hate them. But that doesn't look like a problem when it's on foot. @dieworkwear you had recommended I look at Officine Creative a while ago, do you own any?
181346M255004_1.jpg

181346M255004_5.jpg

181346M255003_1.jpg

I bought a pair of OC boots once and didn't like them. They had that sort of artisanal style boot feel, as you noted. Im sure not all are like that, but it didn't really feel right for my wardrobe, so I returned them.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
172471M200001_1.jpg

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/stella-mccartney/brown-large-v-neck-cardigan/2215517

Worth it? I want a long slouchy somewhat chunky cardigan that's not so unwieldy I can still wear to work. This seems like it's a good option. Thoughts? Perhaps other recommendations if not this?

Seems nice. Personally like ts(s) cardigan more for that sort of look, but the two places I know that sold it are out of stock. Maybe there are other shops carrying it.

https://unionmadegoods.com/product/tss-heather-wool-waffle-lined-easy-cardigan-in-grey/

https://www.namu-shop.com/collections/tss/products/tss-lined-easy-cardigan

27362-2of_1506717187.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nike-Terra-Sertig-Boot-Obsidian-Black-Dark-Obsidian-2_1024x1024.jpg
Thought they would go nicely with my and wander jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads