• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look this is no way to get him to list everything he's learned about Americans from a fashion forum. And as a space cowhobo, I'm very interested to know more about these Americans whose The Voice we all watch in the intergalactic train depots. We have modeled all of our tall spinning chairs on what we've seen, as well as our facial expressions of delight and astonishment. If there's more to Americans, then I'd like to know.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I loath winter. I usually just buy new Uniqlo house shoes every season, but was thinking of getting something better this winter. All priced $45-200ish (allen edmonds happen to have factory seconds in my size). Any others that I'm missing? I think I like the Rancourt natural CXL the best.
Allen Edmonds Sandmand
shoes_slipper_50699_sandman_shearling_main-image.jpg
Rancourt Kingfield Slipper
Rancourt.png
LL Bean Classic Bison Double Sole
238247_163_41.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thoughts on wearing overalls?

If there was ever a relevant use of the "how you think you look vs how you really look" meme this would probably be it....
I really like this, but at the same time it seems like something you could achieve with just a pair of straight leg pants in something heavy. So why buy overalls I would never use the top half. I also can't find any pics of it worn any other way and I'm wondering if the straps are just removable (connected by a button?)
2017.04.07-Song-for-the-Mute-Online0337-850x1247.jpg

MeatFish

Reaction score

If there was ever a relevant use of the "how you think you look vs how you really look" meme this would probably be it....
I really like this, but at the same time it seems like something you could achieve with just a pair of straight leg pants in something heavy. So why buy overalls I would never use the top half. I also can't find any pics of it worn any other way and I'm wondering if the straps are just removable (connected by a button?)

These remind me of the YYPH button/suspender pants. If the top half can't be removed, those could be worth looking into. But if they can be removed w/ buttons, I think these would be the better option. Overall I think these look neat and I like the idea behind them.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I loath winter. I usually just buy new Uniqlo house shoes every season, but was thinking of getting something better this winter. All priced $45-200ish (allen edmonds happen to have factory seconds in my size). Any others that I'm missing? I think I like the Rancourt natural CXL the best.
Allen Edmonds Sandmand
View attachment 863618
Rancourt Kingfield Slipper
View attachment 863619
LL Bean Classic Bison Double Sole
View attachment 863616

I like Birkenstocks as house shoes (I still loath them as non-house shoes). If you really want the fur lining, they make a shearling version:

1001141_top.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

UPDATE: Straps are removable.
But then you'd still have the front flap hanging down and need a belt....

lol

Reaction score

You are right on "how you think you look vs how you really look." Sometimes, I see something that is really
cool, but I could never see how I can wear it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. I want straight-to-loose pants that look good with a heavy cuff. I wanted their baggy pants from this season but they didn’t make it to production.

If you have other suggestions @sipang I’m all ears. Don’t think I can do $900 yohji or super stiff Leder pants though.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just talking with someone about overalls. Round House (made in USA) may be a cheap way to try. I saw a waiter at a restaurant wearing some in black, and it honestly looked pretty good/easy enough to wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads