• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they're still making it but I used to have a nice waxed cotton one from Uniqlo. Would take it with me as a beater on trips and stuff until I finally lost it somewhere in China.

Yes / No on this jacket from COS? How to wear a casual blazer that doesn't have any visual interest by itself without looking like it's an orphaned suit jacket or GQ victim? I like the color and cut of this COS but not sure if I want to get matching pants. @Bam!ChairDance?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish 'qlo still made something like that. Will probably hold off and see if they release any parkas with the +j collection and if not maybe get a fjalraven or something. i should just man up and get a ss eg parka. doesn't have to be an m65, but really need some type of ss parka as a layering piece for rain an stuff. there used to be a bunch of attachment m65s on rakuten but they appear to all be gone...

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering that I already own 4 navy suits and 3 brown suits, which should I add? This is already paid for, I just need to decide on color.

Michaelm93

Reaction score
Should I buy these Buttero boots:

Or choose one of these Red Wing Blacksmiths:

Judging style, quality, durability and brand recognition. Mostly to complement my raw denim.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No charcoal? :confused:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know this is a bit boring, but anyone have an opinion on these scarves? The first is made from a linen/ bamboo mix. It has a very textured, dry hand, and TBH, I'm not totally sure I can pull off a linen scarf.

The second made from baby alpaca and feels a bit more wearable. The weave kind of reminds me of Schneider's scarves, but the size of the scarf is less big (something like 20" by 70", instead of the shawl-like size of some of Schneiders).

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blue linen scarf looks like it'll go with the casual workwearish stuff I think u wear. 2nd scarf looks more suited for tailored clothing imo. I prefer the 2nd one as the 1st one reminds me a bit of a hand towel or table linen for some reason.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Considering that I already own 4 navy suits and 3 brown suits, which should I add? This is already paid for, I just need to decide on color.

Anyone else have input? They arrive on Tuesday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads