• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

queb

Reaction score
uma wang:

x2:

x3:

x4:

ziggy chen:

x2:

pls advise. I've tried on the 2nd and 3rd coat, and both pants. The 2nd black double breasted coat overlaps a little with my algae, different aesthetic but looks sorta the same blah blah. Really like both ziggys but there might be cheaper alternatives, are there? The grey coat is nice too but not sure about the stripe. The first one I'm not sold on. Only want one coat out of the four. Thanks.

I'm not crazy about the stripe on the 3rd coat. I feel like if you're unsure now you might end up regretting it. The 2nd coat is different enough from the algae that you could get away with having both. I like the 1st pair of pants best.

I am looking to buy a black hoodie that is a bit different from the norm.
Should I get a biker style hoodie or a shirt style hoodie ?

Thanks

If you want a black hoodie that is a bit different from the norm just get a John Elliot villain hoodie. The CPO shirt-ish one you posted is okay but for the love of god don't get the motorcycle jacket one. It's awful.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Former poseur scoffs at other poseurz

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man buys motorcycle in order to wear biker jackets without being a poseur.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*Area man
uma wang:
x2:
x3:
LL
x4:
LL
ziggy chen:
LL
x2:
LL
pls advise. I've tried on the 2nd and 3rd coat, and both pants. The 2nd black double breasted coat overlaps a little with my algae, different aesthetic but looks sorta the same blah blah. Really like both ziggys but there might be cheaper alternatives, are there? The grey coat is nice too but not sure about the stripe. The first one I'm not sold on. Only want one coat out of the four. Thanks.
coat 4 (or 3), no pants

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sev see of you can special order one of the PW contrast knit sleeve blazers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads