• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Dries had some fantastic floral stuff from that collection but one by one they evaporated and that one is the runt of the group. I'm sure there are ways to make it work beautifully as a layer but I don't see you constructing that type of outfit.

CityMap

Reaction score
looking for an affordable black/ dark grey button jacket. how about between these two?

or

or

the top is significantly cheaper. its actually a parka (hood in the back). dark grey sleeves, black body
the bottom is more expensive (but not too much), textured body, faux leather sleeves

fireflygrave

Reaction score
Save up for something better that will last you a while.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, Dries had some fantastic floral stuff from that collection but one by one they evaporated and that one is the runt of the group. I'm sure there are ways to make it work beautifully as a layer but I don't see you constructing that type of outfit.

Fashion would be way more exciting if seasonal collections actually evaporated

lbdash

Reaction score
looking for an affordable black/ dark grey button jacket. how about between these two?

or

or

the top is significantly cheaper. its actually a parka (hood in the back). dark grey sleeves, black body
the bottom is more expensive (but not too much), textured body, faux leather sleeves
Both are very nice, if I had to make a decision between the two I'd go with the second one.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Second is better, but you might want to hold off for a leather-sleeved version, of which there are many, floating, numerous. Google should still bring up a good cross-section. (Now is unfortunately not the right time to grab one on sale -- that would be January, I'd think).

Last edited:

CityMap

Reaction score
Second is better, but you might want to hold off for a leather-sleeved version, of which there are many, floating, numerous. Google should still bring up a good cross-section. (Now is unfortunately not the right time to grab one on sale -- that would be January, I'd think).

thanks for the feedback everyone.
the first/top one is from a Japanese company called GU which is Uniqlo's sister brand, as I live in Japan
the second is Zara. I went back to Zara today to re-try it and have been having second thoughts (I like the textured body, it sets it apart from other similar jackets.. but re-considering faux leather/leather sleeves)

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly unsure about the large buttons?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads