• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
and speaking of black friends, I don't know why every white guy thinks it's imperative he says 'african american' when referring to a black guy. Any of my black friends would think I was on crack if they overheard me saying 'oh yeah, I'm hanging out with so and so, you know, my african american friend'. LMAO yeah right.

Agreed. While it's somewhat awkward to say something like 'the black guy' to specify a subject when talking to a black person- if race is the most direct identifier. It seems lame to bring up a bunch of non-distinguishing characteristics to specify the subject indirectly for fear of mentioning race- Anyways, it's far more uncomfortable to use the A-A term in such instances. A-A is too academic and white-guilt laden for my taste.

lol8[1].gif
at nahneun's defense: everyone's racist-> It's experiential-> I'm not white so who cares.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
no one cares about racial slurs unless it comes out from the white man.

and i'm no white man herp de derp

and hendrix, the world does not revolve around your crotch bulge accentuating fat ass. i have no thoughts of amending what i say, nor do i feel it is necessary to mitigate it

real talk: who the **** says still "the white man" besides 65+ year old crusty black people. Like my grandfather.

This ain't no Mr. West lyric.

touchthesky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Has anyone handled the 2010ss all-black margiela 5-zip, made of calf? How was the quality??
63XHB.jpg

The leather is not amazing but not bad - margiela 5-zip is more about the cut than the leather imo. I didn't like the blacked out zippers though they felt really cheap. You should go for the older version with the silver riri zips. I've seen some on Yahoo and Rakuten in 44 a couple weeks back.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OC footwear is pretty ******, but it's a decent deal for like $100 if it gets that low. That said, those particular OC shoes are fug.

Never been a fan of McNairy, felt cheap when I handled them but if you go with that over OC in this case

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by touchthesky
The leather is not amazing but not bad - margiela 5-zip is more about the cut than the leather imo. I didn't like the blacked out zippers though they felt really cheap. You should go for the older version with the silver riri zips. I've seen some on Yahoo and Rakuten in 44 a couple weeks back.

Thanks for the input. Pretty much confirms that the only reason I want it is that it's a "margiela 5-zip," and not an actual jacket I want, especially considering the price (130,000 yen)..

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone is selling that old mmm 5 zip with the silver zips on sufu in a 44. i think the price is closer to 2000 though
ffffuuuu.gif

yayorc

Reaction score
tried on some RRL 'low straight' single rinse jeans in a 31 and 32 today. They both fit, the 31 obviously a big tighter.

I know they are raw and will stretch, but I liked the look of the 32 more, below the knee at least. I feel like the 31 will stretch up top yet remain slim at the bottom, making me look a little pointy.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
5794872802_b2aa4503f5_b.jpg

I can't decide if this **** is hideous or awesome. Maybe both.

How did this end?

Obviously, I'd buy this, were it up to me

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How did I miss the chest pockets before? Kills the shirt

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by + theom
^ how long did it take for you to come up with that one?

Let's give him a little credit it only took him a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads