• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised they show the San Francisco Bay Area on the GPS pic. I remember using a portable GPS around 7 years ago while driving around the toll roads of New Jersey. It kept taking me in circles continuously paying the tolls. I office spaced it.

Since your phone doesn't do great at GPS maybe switch carriers. If not the GPS is a good buy.

Last edited:

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Lad Musician space-print jeans? I'm 70% convinced that they'd be pretty tacky, but there's still that part of me which is saying "Hey, man, you'll make them work."

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my heart of hearts I knew this
frown.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Surprised they show the San Francisco Bay Area on the GPS pic. I remember using a portable GPS around 7 years ago while driving around the toll roads of New Jersey. It kept taking me in circles continuously paying the tolls. I office spaced it.

Since your phone doesn't do great at GPS maybe switch carriers. If not the GPS is a good buy.

I'm not giving up on my $35 / month unlimited data plan or my $60 Android burner. :tinfoil:

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These Lad Musician space-print jeans? I'm 70% convinced that they'd be pretty tacky, but there's still that part of me which is saying "Hey, man, you'll make them work."
If you are in a rock band, maybe. if not........

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

off 170$. The brand is Castañer

Definitely worth it at $40ish. Just bought a light gray pair off yoox. Didn't realize the sole/roping would be such an ugly color (bright orange), so I had to paint them. Doesn't seem like that should be an issue for you though.
wow, sounds like a great deal.

Grintricha

Reaction score
I'd say not, those pockets look unrefined imho, I'd look for one without pockets.

Pure personal preference mind

Rich

Racing Green

Reaction score

off 170$. The brand is Castañer

Definitely worth it at $40ish. Just bought a light gray pair off yoox. Didn't realize the sole/roping would be such an ugly color (bright orange), so I had to paint them. Doesn't seem like that should be an issue for you though.
The real deal La Maison De L'Espadrille, $55 from Sid Mashburn but I got them for €21 from a European site http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/foo...maison-de-lespadrille-classic-espadrille.html http://www.sarenza.com/la-maison-de-l-espadrille-sabline-h-s1058-p0000020498

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads