• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the bomber more

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dries pants are on Yoox in size 40; here's a closer look courtesy of their photography:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lorcan7" url="/t/69462/should-i-or-shouldnt-i-buy-clothing-item/37050#post_7033980 said:
I have a shawl collar one and like it very much, but given the choice I would go for the peak lapel
Mind commenting on the durability, weight, and fit?

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy The fabric is durable being vintage military stuff, but elements of the construction maybe less so if you're hard on your clothes. Mine has darts around the right elbow that I've sometimes worried about damaging pulling it on (there's no sleeve lining so it can catch on shirt sleeves). I don't think all of them have this exact sleeve construction though.

Its pretty light weight, but warm enough with a flannel underneath. The fabric they use I think mostly comes from some kind of old wide legged military over-trouser that would have been pulled on over other clothes.

They do occasionally look kinda frumpy on webstore models, but I'm pretty happy with how mine fits. Fitted in the shoulder and chest, looser through the midsection/ at the hem. More subtly cut than the crazy-pockets-everywhere appearance may suggest. I think again the fit varies a bit from jacket to jacket.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dries pants are on Yoox in size 40; here's a closer look courtesy of their photography:

I just returned those, actually. You can view the comments on my post on them, haha. I ended up deciding that they weren't quite what I was looking for. The 40 should fit a 34.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link—just what I needed. Some of those huaraches look pretty awesome!

900x900px-LL-b0ba7b3e_hixsept-colaba.jpeg

900x900px-LL-3e5e7e0c_armando-cabral-huarache.jpeg

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for a denim jacket.
Both of these seem pretty decent for raw's that are lighter weight (10-12oz). But I have no experience with neither Edwin or Nudie. Leading towards Edwin purely because I like the look of more of their clothes, but clueless either way in terms of quality, fit etc.

Edwin (below)

Nudie (below) - Like that there's no pockets, but the two rows of button hole things on each side of the placket are a little weird if they stand out in person.

Also, looking for a pair of washed denim for the summer since my old raws just blew out and I don't feel like working in a new pair all summer.
I haven't bought washed denim in a long time, but like the look of both of these Fabric Brand & Co ones. I have no clue about the brand. They are expensive but are japanese selvedge and the washes look good, which is pretty rare for denim imo. Any body familiar with Fabric Brand? Can't find any measurements anywhere in terms of fit.

Black Ash

Sunny Indigo

^^ Probably a better option/look for summer. But that black wash looks pretty dope too.
Thanks

smdbitchh

Reaction score
Looking for a denim jacket.
Both of these seem pretty decent for raw's that are lighter weight (10-12oz). But I have no experience with neither Edwin or Nudie. Leading towards Edwin purely because I like the look of more of their clothes, but clueless either way in terms of quality, fit etc.

Edwin (below)

Nudie (below) - Like that there's no pockets, but the two rows of button hole things on each side of the placket are a little weird if they stand out in person.

Also, looking for a pair of washed denim for the summer since my old raws just blew out and I don't feel like working in a new pair all summer.
I haven't bought washed denim in a long time, but like the look of both of these Fabric Brand & Co ones. I have no clue about the brand. They are expensive but are japanese selvedge and the washes look good, which is pretty rare for denim imo. Any body familiar with Fabric Brand? Can't find any measurements anywhere in terms of fit.

Black Ash

Sunny Indigo

^^ Probably a better option/look for summer. But that black wash looks pretty dope too.
Thanks
I was just in the market for a denim jacket so I was looking at a bunch as well.

Not familiar with either of these but in my search I came across a bunch of cool ones that you could check out as well unless you are set on one of these.

-railcar finegoods type 2 denimjacket
-rogue territory supply jacket
-apc's new raw denim work jacket.

Ended up getting the apc and a tan one from rogue territory but all looked really nice. No stores carried the railcar in my area so didnt get to try it on but heard really good things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads