• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I leave verizon to buy an iphone..why or why not?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend leaving Verizon. I had a very bad experience with them and their customer service made it worse.

I have no opinion about the rest of your question.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
I was really wanting to like the droid so I could stay with verizon, but I was not too impressed at the store.

The only thing holding me up about going to the iphone is AT&T. I have a few neighbors who say the service is good where I live. I drive down the I270 corridor down to Washington DC every day and I'm not how the service is there. My biggest concerns is the call service and the 3G service. What is the point of having this great phone if you can't use it. Is AT&T's service really that bad?

Anyway, I keep waiting for verizon to come out with a really great phone, but they don't. Although I haven't tried the droid eris or HTC imagio.

Wait for a newer model of Driod to hit the market. I was just looking in to getting a Driod and updating from my ****** LG Voyager. If you need an actual keyboard don't get the HTC Droid get the Motorola one. (Actually there are a couple of reviews on CNet that are worth watching). I'm in the same location and AT&T sucks. I'm not sure how it works if you ever need to get on the Metro, but generally calls are dropped a lot. Have you thought of a Palm Pre? My coworker seems to like it.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
I would strongly recommend leaving Verizon. I had a very bad experience with them and their customer service made it worse.

I have no opinion about the rest of your question.

I know most people hate vzw's CS, but I have been a customer since before they even were verizon and I get great service from them. Never a problem, and this was when I was exchanging phones a lot....

I am also torn on what to do about a phone in 2010. GF has Iphone and I love it, but I cant use the virtual keyboard, so thats out since I have a blackberry now. I also think the call network (at least in detroit) is pretty terrible.

I use a BB for work, so its got to be pretty solid in the email/durability range. I am just getting sick of my curve (3 years), but not impressed with any of the other blackberrys. Instead of trying to create a better 'product' they are trying to create 1200 new devices to market to everyone. Your better off with a killer app first, then worry about the different models. I have played with the new OS's and while they are better than 4.5 that I have now, they are not even close to game changers like Iphone or Droid. I am tired of having to grab the GF's iphone to look anything up.

I might be forgiving to the BB (as I am a huge fanboy), but with having the extra monthly cost, the 'old' tech (the newest bb's, dont even have EVDO rev A data), I am disappointed. I will check the droid out and probably wait till spring for whatever the next 'iteration' of the Moto Droid is.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
I might be forgiving to the BB (as I am a huge fanboy), but with having the extra monthly cost, the 'old' tech (the newest bb's, dont even have EVDO rev A data), I am disappointed. I will check the droid out and probably wait till spring for whatever the next 'iteration' of the Moto Droid is.
From what I've seen the BB Bold 9700 is supposed to be very good. It'll likely be my next phone. However, it's rumored that Google will have its own phone in Q1 or Q2 next year. It'll probably be kickass, if you can wait that long.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I am very impressed so far with my BB Bold 9700.

Also, keep seeing more and more rumors that Verizon will have the iPhone in 2010, so no need for OP to leave.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
I am very impressed so far with my BB Bold 9700.

Also, keep seeing more and more rumors that Verizon will have the iPhone in 2010, so no need for OP to leave.

I am not sure I would get the Iphone on Verizon....I am looking for a blackberry killer, not an iphone killer for VZW, to use for business. maybe a pre?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads