• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes for pronated feet?

MikkelM

Reaction score
I am struggling to find a suitable last for my feet, which are pronated - this especially result in way to little room in the toe-box for my pinky toe. Combined with a narrow heel I haven't yet succeeded to find a dress shoe that fits.

I have searched the forum for threads on both 'pronation' and 'wide forefoott narrow heel' - however the results revealed no clear consensus on shoe brands or lasts designed specifically for the purpose, but the following where mentioned: Alden's modified, snap and plaza lasts - Trickers 4444 - C&J 341.

Unfortunately there is limitid to no chance to try on any of these lasts in person where I am located - so I'll have to do some ebaying.

Can anyone confirm if any of these lasts suits the purpose or provide further recommendations?

/M

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am struggling to find a suitable last for my feet, which are pronated - this especially result in way to little room in the toe-box for my pinky toe. Combined with a narrow heel I haven't yet succeeded to find a dress shoe that fits. I have searched the forum for threads on both 'pronation' and 'wide forefoott narrow heel' - however the results revealed no clear consensus on shoe brands or lasts designed specifically for the purpose, but the following where mentioned: Alden's modified, snap and plaza lasts - Trickers 4444 - C&J 341. Unfortunately there is limitid to no chance to try on any of these lasts in person where I am located - so I'll have to do some ebaying. Can anyone confirm if any of these lasts suits the purpose or provide further recommendations? /M
+1 for Modified Last. They are excellent for problematic (foot) shapes. Large toe room, super tight waist, good heel grip.... http://aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod_facts.htm try ordering online from Moulded Shoes NY, I think they ship internationally

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. I find boots are easier to fit and they have less of the creasing on the inside of the shoe. Also insoles are great - I use Superfeet but I've heard Powersteps are good.

Last edited:

MikkelM

Reaction score
+1 for Modified Last. They are excellent for problematic (foot) shapes. Large toe room, super tight waist, good heel grip....

http://aldenshoe.com/cat_ortho_mod_facts.htm

try ordering online from Moulded Shoes NY, I think they ship internationally

Thanks for the input Nutcracker
Im in the same boat. I find boots are easier to fit and they have less of the creasing on the inside of the shoe. Also insoles are great - I use Superfeet but I've heard Powersteps are good.

I'm using insoles in my sneakers. But I trying to avoid them in my dress shoes - I find they ruin the breathing benefits of a leather sole. And even though I'm flat footed, I'd have to size up half a size in my experience to fit in an insole - and I'd rather not, seeing my feet are already big by nature and due to the pronation which flatten the feet and extend them even further.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads