• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool. I've tried Collonil years ago, remember that I thought they were really good too, but just stuck with Saphir since I had already had a bunch of products from them. But I know my favourite cobbler around here, and probably the best in Sweden, also prefers Collonil to Saphir. Do you use their standard line or the 1909? And who is the number one shoe addict in Finland?

BTW: You should really get on a boat and come to Stockholm on September 20!

I have heard rave reviews about collonil, unfortunately they cost as much, maybe a little less in US. AE paste and waxes are made by them, not sure if they are same quality as the 1909 series.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check ebay for Collonil in the US, prices from a cobbler out of OH are good and they carry 1909. I've gotten brushes and 1909 polish from them and was pleased with their products and service.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cool. I've tried Collonil years ago, remember that I thought they were really good too, but just stuck with Saphir since I had already had a bunch of products from them. But I know my favourite cobbler around here, and probably the best in Sweden, also prefers Collonil to Saphir. Do you use their standard line or the 1909? And who is the number one shoe addict in Finland?

BTW: You should really get on a boat and come to Stockholm on September 20!

Saphir stinks so much it asphyxiates you. IMO of course.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J., I've been using Collonil's 1909 line since the jars arrived and won't be going back to Saphir as long as I can find the right shades from C. Saphir stinks like no other and I don't write this figuratively. The number one shoe addict can be found at Herrainpukimo, one Finnish clothing store, and he visited Paris to learn patina skills. The man also has more than a hundred cans of polish alone. Yes, I should visit the intriguing Shoegazing trunk...but I have some 27 pairs already and three in the works. Fine footwear is an addiction, an ailment, yet I don't want to be cured. Well, not yet anyways. Let's see if I can declare bankruptcy one day.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saphir stinks so much it asphyxiates you. IMO of course.
I actually have no problem with the smell, kinda like it. My wife hates it though.

Quote:

Yeah, should give them another try. Want to test Burgols cream as well, only tried the polish, which is really good.

Sell a couple of pairs and come order a pair of Maftei, will be worth it!
smile.gif
And you get to meet great people!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The colour in the 1909 is excellent and I have got the shoe crème on my fingers and found it hard to remove the stain so you could see how it would penetrate leather.

Jakezero

Reaction score
Needed something for the summer, and while these are a bit different in their styling, they're nicer than a pair of sandals or fabric shoes.

Zonkey Boot, courtesy of Yoox.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Needed something for the summer, and while these are a bit different in their styling, they're nicer than a pair of sandals or fabric shoes.

Zonkey Boot, courtesy of Yoox.

Nice score, always miss the Zonkey Boots on Yoox

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of a cross post from the Meccariello topic but here are my new ones:
aryzyby6.jpg

ga8ynapu.jpg

9e8e4ete.jpg

a4eza9yg.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor