• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shipping items using COD?

taktikz

Reaction score
Has anyone shipped items using COD? The company is offering to pay with check once the merchandise is received, but I just don't feel comfortable giving them all the leverage. It seems that a lot of legit people work this way though.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of anyone doing this ever. I thought COD was a thing of the past, like wiring money or something.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
I have never heard of anyone doing this ever. I thought COD was a thing of the past, like wiring money or something.

This isn't a thing of the past either.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taktikz
Has anyone shipped items using COD? The company is offering to pay with check once the merchandise is received, but I just don't feel comfortable giving them all the leverage. It seems that a lot of legit people work this way though.

Company? Is this a commercial / wholesale / etc transaction?

Anyways, isnt COD Cash on Demand, not Check on Demand?

K

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Company? Is this a commercial / wholesale / etc transaction?

Anyways, isnt COD Cash on Demand, not Check on Demand?

K

In the UK, yes.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Company? Is this a commercial / wholesale / etc transaction? Anyways, isnt COD Cash on Demand, not Check on Demand? K
COD is cash on delivery.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
This isn't a thing of the past either.

If you're up on COD and wiring money, can you explain how both of them work? I alway thought it was a relic of the past like the telegraph too

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
If you're up on COD and wiring money, can you explain how both of them work? I alway thought it was a relic of the past like the telegraph too

I don't know anything about CODs, but wiring money is just a transfer of funds from one location to another. I've wired money to friends in bolivia using western union, through their online site. It's a fairly easy process, you just need to know what western union location your sending the money, in whatever location you happen to be sending it. Any bank should be able to do it as well, as long as you have a bank account number to wire the money into.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wiring money is huge business. particularly for people with family in developing countries. Billions of dollars are sent from richer countries to poorer ones as remittances using wire services.

Google it.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea but for the MAJORITY of americans they never have and never will use it.

Same concept as paypal and bank transfers I guess, but I dont even know where a western union is. Regardless, CoD sounds like an archaic institution

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
yea but for the MAJORITY of americans they never have and never will use it.

Same concept as paypal and bank transfers I guess, but I dont even know where a western union is. Regardless, CoD sounds like an archaic institution

Well, the world's a much bigger place than just the States...

Cash on Delivery is still used a lot even in North America. Everything from building materials to restaurant supplies.

Technically when you order take out that's COD.

jdcpa

Reaction score
It seems the use of COD in the US depends highly on whether it is for commercial or personal-consumer use and the type of industry. I have not seen any major companies offer consumer-products for COD to customers in the US. However, I have seen it commercially. Private parties can still use it as well. I do know that it is still available here. USPS still does it. See http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendm...eryservice.htm. Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dows