• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sexiest guitar riffs, licks, solos, and instrumentals

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
"Voyage to Atlantis" by the Isley Brothers contains not only one of the sexiest guitar riffs of all time, but also simply one of the greatest. Ernie Isley is one of the most underappreciated guitarists in music history.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 997CTSurg
Jerry had the ability to touch your soul and move you into the music.
Just amazing.
The overhyped Cornell 77 show is a good starting place to get into the Dead
Every time I hear a Dead song I miss him not making more music.

Yep. I love them. My Dad has amassed a collection of tapes from every live show they've ever made. Over 600 he personally taped, the rest he traded for. My 16th birthday present was going to be a Dead concert, but Jerry died when I was 8, and by the time I was 16, well, there wasn't much to be excited about by the rest of the group.

word

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

This is sexy in a different way. Comes after about 10 minutes of awesomeness.

There's so many others I want to post too (not only metal too) but I dunno. Youtubes is being slow.
frown.gif

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
"Voyage to Atlantis" by the Isley Brothers contains not only one of the sexiest guitar riffs of all time, but also simply one of the greatest. Ernie Isley is one of the most underappreciated guitarists in music history.

Totally agreed. I have this bootleg of the Isley's doing their Ohio/Machine Gun combo and it's AMAZING. Ernie is tearing it up on guitar and Ron has the energy of James Brown and is pushing it.
Not as energetic as the boot I have, but here is the song.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the sexiest tone from jimi. discovered it on some random live album, beautiful:

+red house etc etc

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Seriously how is this the first mention of him in this thread??

for real. though i like the various hendrix versions better.

Can't believe Jeff Healey hasn't been mentioned

Elysium

Reaction score

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Guthrie Govan - Eric. The tapping lick at 3:45 is sheer sexiness

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Jason Becker - Altitudes. The sweeping passage from 1:58 is just amazing

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. John Petrucci - Glasgow Kiss. Just a great instrumental

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boogaboogabooga
. . . . I don't know of any sexy guitar-ness coming out of Prince that isn't Hendrix-based or a rip on a Bernie Worrell or Eddie Hazel line. Which I think are also Hendrix based. And Hendrix might have bit Curtis Mayfield. It's been a while since I've been into all that stuff.
I'd disagree about Eddie Hazel. A very sexy song (with an very unsexy name) is "Maggot Brain." It was definitely Hendrix-inspired, but there was not a guitar player alive at the time wasn't inspired, awed, or envious of Hendrix. As for the Prince argument, he had more in common with Carlos Santana (late 60s/early 70s) than Hendrix to my way of thinking.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Why Does Love Got to be So Sad?" - Derek and the Dominos

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Samba Pa Ti by Carlos Santana

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
3 pages later and it takes me to post the right answer? Guitar solo starts at 1:18 but listen to the whole thing!!!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Link Wray - Big City After Dark

This is from 1962!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads