• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
must have fell out before you shipped it anyhow don't worry about it at least i see you did try to send them like i asked. instead of ignoring the request. i did look everywhere first before i asked you though.

yea though i was only a little bothered at first because i was thinking man you pay $400+ for some denim and they don't even do simple requests lol.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 3sixteen straight leg in black in 34 and it fits me great. The only problem is that it is around 1" loose in the waist though it fits perfectly in all other respects.

I was thinking of getting the 3sixteen+ 10BSP in 33 in indigo but they are out of stock in my size.

As an alternative I am now thinking of getting the Skull 5507 in 32.

Any thoughts how the fit of the 5507 compares to the 3sixteen straight leg ? Do you consider 5507 to be low rise jeans or more of a mid rise one ?

Thanks for your comments

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
I have a 3sixteen straight leg in black in 34 and it fits me great. The only problem is that it is around 1" loose in the waist though it fits perfectly in all other respects.

I was thinking of getting the 3sixteen+ 10BSP in 33 in indigo but they are out of stock in my size.

As an alternative I am now thinking of getting the Skull 5507 in 32.

Any thoughts how the fit of the 5507 compares to the 3sixteen straight leg ? Do you consider 5507 to be low rise jeans or more of a mid rise one ?

Thanks for your comments

The 5507 is a mid-rise straight leg jean, i'd say there's a hair more room in the 5507 than the 10BSP, but if you size down down you should have a very similar fit.

twylo

Reaction score
Sorry Kiya, I tried calling LA but no answer. Must be busy! Is there any SE05BSPs left in 36 at any of the stores?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sale is on all day today and through Monday in the online store!

Self Edge Los Angeles Grand Opening Party & Sale

Come by Self Edge Los Angeles for some drinks and enjoy a 10% off sale. We're not leaving our other two stores or our online customers out of this, the 10% off sale will be honored at SESF, SENY, and our online store too.

The sale will run Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.
The sale starts Friday October 22nd and runs through Sunday October 24th.

Self Edge Online Store Sale
Starts 9am (PST) Friday, October 22nd.
Ends Noon (PST) Monday, October 25th.

Sale in-store and online will be 10% off (Excludes Roy Jeans & All Media).
Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 10% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday October 22nd, the coupon code will be good until Noon on Monday October 25th.
Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases.

Coupon Code for 10% off along with free shipping worldwide: SelfEdgeLA

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought i was imagining things so i went to a tailor to have the 634sb inseam measured seems like one side is hemmed to the length i asked but the other side is a little under inch longer lol. guess i only noticed this more because it was a straight cut and no matter how i wore them one side of the leg looked baggier than the other no matter what.

so i thought i was going crazy. pay $400 for some nice denim off a nice reputable site but don't even get them hemmed correctly -__-;;.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
i thought i was imagining things so i went to a tailor to have the 634sb inseam measured seems like one side is hemmed to the length i asked but the other side is a little under inch longer lol. guess i only noticed this more because it was a straight cut and no matter how i wore them one side of the leg looked baggier than the other no matter what.

so i thought i was going crazy. pay $400 for some nice denim off a nice reputable site but don't even get them hemmed correctly -__-;;.

I am curious and I hope you are not taking it in the wrong way, can one of you legs be longer than the other? If one inseam is indeed longer than the other, it could compound the problem. PM Kiya and I am sure he will work it out with you.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound

So you needed to take these to a tailor to determine if one leg inseam was a full 1" longer than the other??

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
So you needed to take these to a tailor to determine if one leg inseam was a full 1" longer than the other??

He said "a little under one inch".
smile.gif

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not mad about it. i was saying i only even noticed it because its my first pair of straight cut i've been only buying tapered or jeans with really small leg opening. so even if any of my jeans was uneven i wouldn't notice because it would just stack. the leg opening on these makes it so it doesn't stack at all for me because probably my calves are too skinny. so it just keeps looking like bootcut.

i actually measured them myself the first time but since i was going to the tailor to get some shirts fixed i brought them so she could check.

i've been buying what maybe my last 5 pairs from gordon but i wanted to give ironhearts a try i do like them i'll probably just have them hemmed again but this time in person lol.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when are beatle busters coming out? those are going to be offered in overdyed too right? i'll buy a pair one little problem won't stop me from coming back for more
smile.gif
lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics