• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

Sabrosa

Reaction score
How does the sizing work on those shirts? Are they S/M/L, or do they go by chest size? Are there any measurements avaliable?

VeeArSix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sabrosa
How does the sizing work on those shirts? Are they S/M/L, or do they go by chest size? Are there any measurements avaliable?
they are sized by chest measurement, 36-44 I believe. and they run slightly on the small side.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VeeArSix
they are sized by chest measurement, 36-44 I believe. and they run slightly on the small side.

I believe that the shirts run exactly to the chest size, eg. a size 40 is exactly 40" in the chest, which meakes them very slim.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I believe that the shirts run exactly to the chest size, eg. a size 40 is exactly 40" in the chest, which meakes them very slim.

Exactly, i couldn't have said it better..
smile.gif

Brendan

Reaction score
how is the length on these shirts, being a Japanese company i'm slightly worried as some Asian based company's cater for the shorter individuals, which is obviously fair enough. Long enough for someone 6ft and 1 or 2?

ayn

Reaction score
^ haha, i remember i posted a waywt pic with my grey/black houndstooth at superfuture the day after i got it and some dude was like, shirt too short, haha...

VeeArSix

Reaction score
Kiya:
Is the grey/black colorway excluded from the promotion? just asking cause the original post specifically mentions the white/black and red/black ones.

Brendan

Reaction score
haha i realise its meant to be that way, and thats cool im down with that haha.

But i don't wanna be showing off my midriff
biggrin.gif

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The promotion is for all houndstooth Flat Head shirts, but all we'll have come March is black/white and black/red.
we'll probably have about 5 of each color, then getting in about 25 of them march 10..

smile.gif

mudger

Reaction score
is it just me or are the self edge discounts a rip?

seems like they are pushing the things they dont sell for a very small percent off.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mudger

seems like they are pushing the things they dont sell for a very small percent off.

They do this kind of marketing everywhere. From brick and mortars to big name department stores. Barney's New York just had their warehouse sale at almost 80 percent off.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A rip?
You must be out of your mind. Please let me clarify a few things for you...

The BEST SELLING NON-DENIM ITEM we've had in our ENTIRE store since we opened is the Flat Head houndstooth shirt. That same shirt is the promotion of the month for March.

And regardless, how do you know what sells well in our store and what doesn't? The current promotion is the Flat Head 5100 jeans which have been one of our best sellers for the month of February.

Ott

Reaction score
is it just me or are the self edge discounts a rip? seems like they are pushing the things they dont sell for a very small percent off.
get banned. If you don't appreciate the discount, no one's forcing you to take it. This promotion is pretty damn generous, but I guess you feel you're not getting what you're owed after going through the trouble of registering on a free forum and making 8 posts
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads